Brazil man makes musical treasure from trash
David Rocha finds wood for his instruments in vacant lots like this one in Villa Nova. (Photo: Lisa Hale)
A story now, about making the best of what you've got. You know the old adage about life givng you lemons, so make lemonade.
As Lisa Hale reports from Brazil, life gave David Rocha garbage. You won't believe what he makes of it.
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Ebola myths: 5 assumptions that aren't true
- The current Ebola outbreak has claimed the lives of more than 4,000 people in west Africa, but medical experts say it has also created a pandemic of anxiety and misinformation here in North America. Here's a look at myths surrounding Ebola.
- Analysis Ben Bradlee, the Watergate editor who unleashed a 'messianic media' video
- Keith Boag looks at a complex man who helped topple Richard Nixon and oversaw a sea change in contemporary journalism.
- Moscow airport snowplow driver says he didn't see Total CEO plane before crash
- The driver of the snowplow that apparently caused the plane carrying the Total CEO to crash at a Moscow airport says he neither saw nor heard the private jet as it sped toward him down the runway in the dark.
- YouTube sensations: How online celebrities get rich in an often-wacky world
- In the wild, wacky and often wealthy world of YouTube, online celebrities have found fame by creating content that is so popular it has attracted advertising and turned some of them into multimillionaires.
- Photos Wild and wonderful autumn weather in Europe
- A sunny, wet summer, paired with unusually warm early-autumn days and cooler nights, is a promising recipe for a spectacular show of seasonal colour in Europe's woods and forests over the next few weeks, despite a lashing by the tail end of Hurricane Gonzalo.