Brazil man makes musical treasure from trash
David Rocha finds wood for his instruments in vacant lots like this one in Villa Nova. (Photo: Lisa Hale)
A story now, about making the best of what you've got. You know the old adage about life givng you lemons, so make lemonade.
As Lisa Hale reports from Brazil, life gave David Rocha garbage. You won't believe what he makes of it.
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Taiwan earthquake kills 11, traps others in collapsed 17-storey building video
- Rescuers are racing to find survivors after a powerful, shallow earthquake struck southern Taiwan, killing at least 11 people and causing the collapse of a high-rise residential complex.
- CBC IN NEW HAMPSHIRE Hillary Clinton 'an underdog' in New Hampshire where voters 'Feel the Bern'
- Hillary Clinton barely beat Bernie Sanders in Iowa and now she trails him in New Hampshire as Tuesday's primary approaches. Her supporters say they don't trust the polls and predict it will be a close result. Both candidates have a lot at stake and are campaigning hard in the final days.
- Q&A with Gwenda Blair: Trump biographer on the billionaire's uncanny knack for landing on top
- Few people have studied Trump as closely as Gwenda Blair. The Chicago-based investigative journalist wrote the definitive portrait of the billionaire and his family back in 2000. It was updated and re-issued this past December. CBC News interviewed her this week over the phone.
- Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, 6th man to walk on moon, dead at 85
- Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, who became the sixth man on the moon when he and Alan Shepard helped NASA recover from Apollo 13's "successful failure" and later devoted his life to exploring the mind, physics and unexplained phenomena such as psychics and aliens, has died in Florida. He was 85.
- Toronto bride escorted to wedding by N.Y. firefighter after crane collapse
- Many brides cope with surprises on their wedding day, but Nesh Pillay was in for a doozy.