Brazil man makes musical treasure from trash
David Rocha finds wood for his instruments in vacant lots like this one in Villa Nova. (Photo: Lisa Hale)
A story now, about making the best of what you've got. You know the old adage about life givng you lemons, so make lemonade.
As Lisa Hale reports from Brazil, life gave David Rocha garbage. You won't believe what he makes of it.
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Live Hillary Clinton expected to promote her 'steady leadership' in convention speech video
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is offering a preview of her acceptance speech at the Democratic convention, where she'll say "America is once again at a moment of reckoning."
- Joe Biden tells DNC Donald Trump talks 'a bunch of malarkey' video
- In what was likely the last prime-time speech of his political life, U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden delivered a case for Hillary Clinton at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday night with his regular-guy folksiness, misty-eyed storytelling and a few hard hits.
- Turkey creates 'Traitors' Cemetery' for dead coup plotters
- Tucked in the back corner of a construction site for a new dog shelter in eastern Istanbul lies a freshly dug, unmarked grave — the first in the new "Traitors' Cemetery" created specifically to hold the bodies of coup plotters who died in the failed military coup on July 15.
- Perseid meteor shower set to be extra-spectacular this year
- The summer's best shooting star show is expected be even better this year, thanks to an unusual "outburst" that only happens about once a decade and could double the number of meteors you'll spot.
- Green Party's Jill Stein targets Bernie Sanders voters in 'Jill not Hill' campaign
- Jill Stein, the Green Party's presumptive nominee for president of the U.S., was in Philadelphia this week while Democrats held their convention and she's blatantly targeting disgruntled members of the party and Bernie Sanders supporters. She promises to carry on the political revolution he called for and some see Stein as a good Plan B.