Reporter goes on sting operation in Amsterdam to get "family" bike back
Lauren's ex-partner with kids and cousins piled into the family "bakfiets". It was stolen and she launched an undercover recovery operation with Amsterdam police that bore little resemblance to Law & Order. (Photo Lauren Comiteau)
A sting on wheels
And that's how Dispatches contributor Lauren Comiteau found herself going over to the dark side in her quest for truth, justice, and her big missing bike.
Hear the rest of our lastest Dispatches program.
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Crimea election chief reports 95% vote to secede video
- The Crimean election chief has released a statement saying that 95 per cent of voters support joining Russia after half of the ballots were counted. Russian news agency, Interfax, said voter turnout had exceeded 80 per cent.
- Updated Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Satellite 'handshake' may point to plane video
- Finding a missing Malaysia Airlines plane may hinge on whether searchers can narrow down where they need to look using satellite data that is inexact and has never been used for that purpose before, search and rescue experts say.
- Marty Walsh, Boston's mayor, skips St. Patrick's Day parade over gay rights video
- Boston's Irish-American mayor will not march in the city's St. Patrick's Day parade on Sunday after failing to hammer out a deal with organizers to allow a group of gay and lesbian activists to march openly.
- New 7.0-magnitude Chile earthquake triggers coastal evacuation
- A strong quake struck off northern Chile on Sunday evening, triggering a preventive evacuation of part of the coastal area but apparently not causing any injuries or damage.
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric objects
- An exploratory subway shaft dug just down the street from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art has uncovered a treasure trove of fossils in the land where saber-tooth cats and other early animals once roamed, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.