Reporter goes on sting operation in Amsterdam to get "family" bike back
Lauren's ex-partner with kids and cousins piled into the family "bakfiets". It was stolen and she launched an undercover recovery operation with Amsterdam police that bore little resemblance to Law & Order. (Photo Lauren Comiteau)
A sting on wheels
And that's how Dispatches contributor Lauren Comiteau found herself going over to the dark side in her quest for truth, justice, and her big missing bike.
Hear the rest of our lastest Dispatches program.
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN LONDON After a nightmare attack, the resilience of Londoners resurfaces video
- Just as surely as a lone attacker would eventually evade London’s security services and 24-hour surveillance, London was bound to recover quickly when it did happen. Once the initial horror was over, the resilience that comes with living for years with a severe threat of attack resurfaced.
- U.K. attacker ID'd as Khalid Masood, British-born man once investigated for 'violent extremism' video
- Khalid Masood, 52, has been identified as the man behind the attacks Wednesday in London that left three people dead and many others injured outside Britain's Parliament.
- Analysis Ivanka Trump's White House role: Ethics concerns collide with hope for a 'moderating' voice
- Ivanka Trump will soon have access to state secrets, her own office in the West Wing and nobody official to answer to regarding her ethics. If she can be a "moderating" influence, though, some appear willing to give her a pass.
- Keystone XL pipeline to get U.S. approval by Monday: report
- The Keystone XL pipeline will get the approval of the Trump administration by Monday, according to a published report from Politico.
- Trump in final push to win votes to repeal Obamacare
- U.S. President Donald Trump was set to make a final push on Thursday to secure the votes to begin dismantling Obamacare in the House of Representatives, with signs that enough Republicans might defect to jeopardize one of his top legislative priorities.