Reporter goes on sting operation in Amsterdam to get "family" bike back
Lauren's ex-partner with kids and cousins piled into the family "bakfiets". It was stolen and she launched an undercover recovery operation with Amsterdam police that bore little resemblance to Law & Order. (Photo Lauren Comiteau)
A sting on wheels
And that's how Dispatches contributor Lauren Comiteau found herself going over to the dark side in her quest for truth, justice, and her big missing bike.
Hear the rest of our lastest Dispatches program.
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- U.S. election explained: Americans vote for a lot more than just the president on Nov. 8
- The U.S. presidential election on Nov. 8 is already historic for the record number of Americans who have registered to vote: 200 million and counting. But when they show up to the polls, they will be voting for a lot more than who will occupy the White House.
- 'We're here to preserve life': Come aboard a ship that saves asylum seekers in the Mediterranean
- The stories of the asylum seekers who make desperate crossings on the Mediterranean are legion. But what about those who devote their lives to saving them?
- Clinton calls on FBI to release information about new emails video
- Hillary Clinton is asking the FBI to release any information it has about newly discovered emails that it says may be linked to her private server, reviving a hotly contested political issue in the presidential campaign less than two weeks before election day.
- Syrian rebels launch offensive to break siege in Aleppo
- Syrian rebels launched a broad offensive for Aleppo Friday as the Russian, Syrian, and Iranian foreign ministers vowed to intensify their fight against terrorism in the country.
- Hoping for best and preparing for worst: Inside the American Redoubt movement video
- Conservative, Christian and concerned Americans fed up with government are holing up in the Pacific Northwest. The American Redoubt is both a movement and an unofficial geographic zone that spans several states.