Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
A few weeks ago, Anders Kelto told us about car guards in Cape Town
Lionel is a "Beach Buddy" in Muizenberg, a suburb of Cape Town, South Africa. They're licensed versions of the ubiquitous "car guards", who demand payment to watch over parked cars and (sometimes) guard against theft. (Photo: Anders Kelto)
Categories: Africa, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Donald Trump says he would accept 'a clear' election result, but challenge a 'questionable' one video
- Republican Donald Trump on Thursday said he would accept a "clear" election result but reserved the right to file a legal challenge, clarifying his stance a day after he refused to promise he would trust the outcome if he loses on Nov. 8.
- Presidential candidates expected to trade lighthearted barbs at fundraiser video
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are both attending the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner, where tradition dictates that the candidates deliver humorous remarks poking fun at each other and themselves, a jovial custom that seems hard to envision amid such an ugly campaign.
- 11th death due to Takata airbag confirmed in U.S.
- A 50-year-old woman who died after a car wreck last month in California is the 11th U.S. victim of Takata Corp.'s defective airbag inflators.
- CBC in CALAIS Uncertainty reigns as Calais 'jungle' refugee camp closure looms video
- French authorities are about to dismantle the sprawling, squalid migrant camp in Calais, but it's unclear what will happen to the thousands of people who've been staying there.
- CBC IN SYRIA Freedom in Jarabulus: Syrian border town rebuilds post-ISIS video
- Liberated from ISIS, thousands of refugees are returning to what is left of Jarabulus, Syria, which neighbouring Turkey is helping to rebuild. The Turkish government takes CBC News on a tour of the town.