Cape Town "car guards" offer "protection"
A few weeks ago, Anders Kelto told us about car guards in Cape Town
Lionel is a "Beach Buddy" in Muizenberg, a suburb of Cape Town, South Africa. They're licensed versions of the ubiquitous "car guards", who demand payment to watch over parked cars and (sometimes) guard against theft. (Photo: Anders Kelto)
Categories: Africa, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Belgium arrests 2 brothers suspected of plotting attack
- Two brothers have been arrested in Belgium on suspicion of plotting an attack, the Federal Prosecutor's Office announced Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton campaign says DNC data program they used was hacked
- Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign said on Friday that an analytics data program maintained by the Democratic National Committee and used by the campaign was accessed as part of a hack, but outside experts have found no evidence that its internal systems have been compromised.
- Monsoon floods kill at least 52 people in India
- Authorities in northeastern India are trying to rescue thousands of people stranded in flooded villages after a week of heavy rain killed at least 52 people, about half of them in Assam state.
- Photos Button and T-shirt sellers cash in on Trump-Clinton clash
- Here's a look at some of the interesting and outlandish items that were on offer at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, as well as at the previous week's Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
- Florida reports 1st locally transmitted cases of Zika video
- The first cases of Zika likely transmitted by mosquitoes on the U.S. mainland have been reported in Florida, but officials don't expect widespread transmission in the continental U.S. to result.