In Italy, a long drink of yesterday's wine
Vats of slow wine: ancient methods and a lots of patience make for vintages that only get better. (Photo: Luigi Fraboni)
You can even get Slow Fish.
And now, in these times of high-flying technology, Nancy Greenleese says there's increasingly a place for Slow Wine in the vineyards -- and on the tables -- of Italy.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Brexit vote a sign U.K. 'longing for a time and place that never was' video
- The Leave campaign deliberately stirred up anti-immigration anxieties to win the Brexit vote, researchers say. That could spell trouble for other countries considering parting ways with the postwar order in Europe.
- CBC IN BRUSSELS Leave victory should send chill down EU's collective spine
- You could almost feel the hulking edifices that house the European Union’s main institutions in Brussels shrinking in on themselves as the news arrived with a grey dawn that one of their own, even if only reluctantly so, would be leaving after all — divorce papers to be delivered soon.
- West Virginia's worst floods in a century leave at least 23 dead
- At least 23 people in West Virginia have died in the U.S. state's worst flooding in more than a century, and hundreds more have been rescued from swamped homes, government officials said on Friday.
- Amish community in shock over girl 'gifted' to man
- Police say Daniel Stoltzfus and his wife "gifted" their 14-year-old daughter to a man after he helped them out financially — and apparently sent their nine younger daughters to live with the 51-year-old at his small home near Philadelphia.
- Lead levels significantly higher in Flint kids after water switch: report
- Children under the age of six in Flint, Mich., had significantly higher blood-lead levels after the city switched its water source in 2014 to save money, according to a CDC report released Friday.