Rwandans find new uses for malaria nets
Rwanda's government issues mosquito nets to prevent malaria. But it makes for a good chicken coop too. (Photo: Didier Bikorimana)
A lot of the nets help put food on the table instead, even though it puts others at risk.
Rwanda's resorted to a public information campaign reminding people they're meant to hang over the bed for a reason.
Rwandan journalist Didier Bikorimana is there, among the children and the chickens.
Categories: Africa, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump lays out plans for 1st 100 days, vows to sue 'every one' of his female accusers video
- Donald Trump has announced what actions he'll take in his first 100 days in office, should he become the next U.S. president.
- Hackers used 'internet of things' devices to cause Friday's massive DDoS cyberattack
- Could millions of connected cameras, thermostats and kids' toys bring the internet to its knees? It's beginning to look that way. The hacker group claiming responsibility for Friday's attacks says it has its sights set on a much bigger target.
- What the WikiLeaks emails show, and why they haven't sunk Clinton
- WikiLeaks has brought shades of Cold War subterfuge to the U.S. presidential campaign, publishing documents that in any other election might have tarnished Hillary Clinton. Here’s a sprinkling of what the emails contain.
- CBC IN BEIJING Prayers in the kitchen: Why religious groups fear a loss of freedom in China
- China may officially be a secular state, but a new law that cites national security as an overriding priority is worrying Christian and other religious groups who fear they may become targets for the government, the CBC’s Saša Petricic writes from Beijing.
- Iraqi forces push into town near Mosul after ISIS assault on Kirkuk video
- Iraqi forces have pushed into a town to the southeast of Mosul and are reported to be just five kilometres from the ISIS-held city.