Young Senegalese "fed up" with regime
The "Fed Up" movement leaders hold a news conference determined to spark Senegalese out of their "defeatism" and to reclaim their government. Photo/Amanda Fortier
"Spring" wind blows into Senegal streets
This weekend's election in Senegal isn't passing the smell test with some, and now there's a whiff of Arab Spring in the air.
It's an old story. A president comfortable in power tries engineering more of it.
But that didn't sit well with a small band of disaffected Senegalese young people, and it's morphed into a movement, spilling into the streets of this small African country.
It's a call out a president reneging on his promise to resign.
And we found Canadian journalist Amanda Fortier in with the ringleaders.
Categories: Africa, News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump lays out plans for 1st 100 days, vows to sue 'every one' of his female accusers video
- Donald Trump has announced what actions he'll take in his first 100 days in office, should he become the next U.S. president.
- Hackers used 'internet of things' devices to cause Friday's massive DDoS cyberattack
- Could millions of connected cameras, thermostats and kids' toys bring the internet to its knees? It's beginning to look that way. The hacker group claiming responsibility for Friday's attacks says it has its sights set on a much bigger target.
- 174 inmates escape, 1 guard shot dead in 'violent' Haitian prison break
- Most inmates of a northern Haitian prison escaped on Saturday after killing a guard and stealing firearms, said authorities who launched a manhunt with support from UN peacekeepers for the 174 fugitives.
- Clinton campaign preparing for post-election, even if Trump refuses to concede
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is increasingly preparing for the possibility that Donald Trump may never concede the presidential election should she win, a development that could enormously complicate the crucial early weeks of her preparations to take office.
- Recap Cubs beat Dodgers, advance to World Series for 1st time in 71 years video
- The long-suffering Chicago Cubs advanced to the World Series for the first time in 71 years with a 5-0 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday.