A special court for post-trauma vets
Judge Wendy Lindley (left) presides over the Orange County Combat Veterans Court, an alternative to conventional justice for PTDS war veterans (photo/California Courts)
Like a lot of veterans returned from the wars, Michael Jones has seen things, done things, that prey on his mind, and would be illegal anywhere but a battlefield.
But when veterans cross that line when they get back to the world, are they entitled to a different kind of justice than most civilians can expect?
California is one state that decided to cut them a break. And the results would seem to bear it out. CBC Correspondent Jennifer Westaway is there as a very special court comes to order.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Updated Russia hopes Ukraine crisis won't start new Cold War video
- President Vladimir Putin's spokesman lashed out at the West on Friday and defended Russia's actions in Ukraine, but said he hoped a new Cold War would not break out despite "extremely deep disagreements."
- Pussy Riot members attacked at Russian McDonalds video
- Two members of the punk band Pussy Riot were attacked by unidentified men who doused them with green-coloured chemicals
- Analysis The 'get Shorty' course change in Mexico's drug war
- Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto was promising a more low-key approach to taking on the huge drug cartels. The surprise capture of Sinaloa kingpin Joaquin "Shorty" Guzman means something's changed.
- New Mayan warrior queens wielded profound power, says researcher
- A University of Calgary archaeologist is sharing new evidence to suggest powerful warrior queens in the Mayan civilization were not an anomaly.
- Idaho passes bill allowing concealed guns on college campuses
- Idaho lawmakers on Thursday approved a measure allowing concealed guns to be carried onto university and college campuses.