A special court for post-trauma vets
Judge Wendy Lindley (left) presides over the Orange County Combat Veterans Court, an alternative to conventional justice for PTDS war veterans (photo/California Courts)
Like a lot of veterans returned from the wars, Michael Jones has seen things, done things, that prey on his mind, and would be illegal anywhere but a battlefield.
But when veterans cross that line when they get back to the world, are they entitled to a different kind of justice than most civilians can expect?
California is one state that decided to cut them a break. And the results would seem to bear it out. CBC Correspondent Jennifer Westaway is there as a very special court comes to order.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- ISIS suspected as Istanbul airport suicide bombing death toll hits 36 video
- Findings suggest ISIS is responsible for a suicide bomb attack on Istanbul's main international airport that killed 36 people and wounded many more on Tuesday, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim says.
- Donald Trump says he would reconsider NAFTA, opt out of TPP pact
- Donald Trump called for a new era of economic "Americanism" Tuesday, promising to restore millions of lost factory jobs by backing away from decades of U.S. policy that encouraged trade with other nations — a move that could undermine the country's place as the dominant player in the global economy.
- Photos Inside the 'mosquito factory' aiming to eliminate Zika
- Considered the world's largest mosquito factory, this U.S.-Chinese project raises millions of male mosquitos for research that could prove key to the race to prevent the spread of Zika virus.
- Iceland's shocking success at Euro 2016 the latest surprise upset in sports
- Iceland surprised soccer fans by advancing to the quarter-finals at Euro 2016 on Monday by beating England, known as the "home" of football. In light of that major upset, we present 10 more shocking sports victories.
- After Brexit vote, EU ready to 'start the divorce process' with Britain
- European leaders pushed Britain toward the exit door Tuesday, warning Prime Minister David Cameron that there's no turning back after his country's unprecedented vote to leave the EU and pressing for a quick and clear British departure plan to quell worldwide anxiety about the continent's future.