A special court for post-trauma vets
Judge Wendy Lindley (left) presides over the Orange County Combat Veterans Court, an alternative to conventional justice for PTDS war veterans (photo/California Courts)
Like a lot of veterans returned from the wars, Michael Jones has seen things, done things, that prey on his mind, and would be illegal anywhere but a battlefield.
But when veterans cross that line when they get back to the world, are they entitled to a different kind of justice than most civilians can expect?
California is one state that decided to cut them a break. And the results would seem to bear it out. CBC Correspondent Jennifer Westaway is there as a very special court comes to order.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Analysis Why the spy trade is such a booming industry: Brian Stewart
- The alleged Russian plot that targeted the U.S. presidential election has raised concerns we’re headed for Cold War levels of spying, but there’s actually plenty of evidence the world soared past that point years ago.
- Updated Trump formally pulls U.S. out of TPP with executive order video
- The new U.S. president makes good on one of his campaign promises, formally withdrawing the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a trade deal negotiated by his predecessor but never ratified.
- Ceasefire talks between Syria and rebels get off to tense start
- Syria's government envoy and a rebel leader trade barbs as talks between the Mideast country's warring sides get underway in Kazakhstan in the first face-to-face meeting between the two sides.
- Opinion Let us hope for a Donald Trump disaster
- If Trump’s success transfers from politics to governing, his dark and guttural ways will become entrenched and ubiquitous.
- Analysis Trump takes charge: How NAFTA renegotiations might unfold video
- The soundbite from Donald Trump's presidential inauguration speech could strike fear into a free trader's heart: "We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and Hire American." Following through on his rhetoric will be anything but simple.