A special court for post-trauma vets
Judge Wendy Lindley (left) presides over the Orange County Combat Veterans Court, an alternative to conventional justice for PTDS war veterans (photo/California Courts)
Like a lot of veterans returned from the wars, Michael Jones has seen things, done things, that prey on his mind, and would be illegal anywhere but a battlefield.
But when veterans cross that line when they get back to the world, are they entitled to a different kind of justice than most civilians can expect?
California is one state that decided to cut them a break. And the results would seem to bear it out. CBC Correspondent Jennifer Westaway is there as a very special court comes to order.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- U.S. may cut funding to sanctuary cities, attorney general says video
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Monday that cities and states that protect immigrant felons from federal immigration laws may see cuts in grants from the Justice Department.
- London attacker wasn't linked to al-Qaeda or ISIS, police say
- A senior British counterterrorism officer says police have found "no evidence" Westminster attacker Khalid Masood was associated with ISIS or al-Qaeda.
- 'Unprecedented' dinosaur tracks found in Australia's Jurassic Park video
- Scientists have found 21 different types of dinosaur tracks in an area rich with dinosaur findings.
- Analysis In a world without work, being busy will be the new status symbol: Don Pittis
- Forget the golf course and lounge chair, new research suggests being overworked is the new status symbol — and the despair of unemployment could be deadly.
- Democrats want Nunes gone from Russia probe
- Democrats have said House of Representatives Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes, who was a member of Trump's transition team, can no longer run a credible investigation of Russian hacking, the U.S. election and any potential involvement by Trump associates.