Syrian refugees' defiance and division
Art teacher Abdul Karim Haj Youseff shows a portrait he's painted on the wall of a tent in the Syrian refugee camp where he's living. (Photo: CBC)
CBC Correspondent Derek Stoffel (right) talks with a group of Syrian refugees living at a camp at the Turkey/Syria border. (Photo: CBC)
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Ted Cruz drops out Republican race after Donald Trump wins Indiana primary video
- Ted Cruz suspended his campaign for president after Donald Trump won a crucial primary in Indiana.
- Norway helicopter crashed caused by mechanical failure says aviation board
- The crash of a B.C.-owned helicopter that killed 13 people in Norway, Friday, was caused by a mechanical failure, said the the Norwegian accident investigation board.
- UN Security Council nations 'associated' with hospital attacks in war, Doctors Without Borders head says
- The Canadian international president of Doctors Without Borders pleads with the UN Security Council to turn its words into action, minutes after the council unanimously adopted a resolution denouncing attacks on health-care facilities in armed conflict.
- CBC IN INDIA India's new labour rules would put kids at greater risk of exploitation: Nobel laureate video
- India has seen a big decrease in the number of full-time child workers over the past decade, but a Nobel Prize-winning rescuer of working kids says loopholes in new legislation could make exploitation easier.
- Canadian Robert Penner told to leave Nepal for tweets causing 'social discord'
- A Canadian man says he has been told to leave Nepal after he was detained by police in Kathmandu on Monday for posting tweets that Nepal's Department of Immigration said had caused "social discord."