Syrian refugees' defiance and division
Art teacher Abdul Karim Haj Youseff shows a portrait he's painted on the wall of a tent in the Syrian refugee camp where he's living. (Photo: CBC)
CBC Correspondent Derek Stoffel (right) talks with a group of Syrian refugees living at a camp at the Turkey/Syria border. (Photo: CBC)
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump's Carrier deal saves 800 jobs in exchange for $7M in incentives
- The $7-million incentive package Carrier Corp. will receive in a deal with U.S. president-elect Donald Trump and vice president-elect Mike Pence is a departure from how tax credits are commonly used in Indiana.
- Ban on diesel planned in 4 of world's biggest cities
- Four of the world’s largest and most polluted cities have decided to ban diesel cars and trucks from their streets by 2025.
- Judge rejects Trump supporters' bid to halt vote recount in Wisconsin
- A federal court in Wisconsin on Friday rejected an attempt by pro-Donald Trump groups to stop a recount of the state's presidential vote, saying there was no harm in allowing it to continue.
- Breitbart urges readers to boycott Kellogg after ads pulled
- Breitbart News, the conservative U.S. news and opinion website known for its vociferous support of president-elect Donald Trump, is calling on readers to boycott Kellogg food products after the company pulled advertising from the website.
- Canadian couple among 13 killed in Tennessee wildfires
- Canadians John and Marilyn Tegler were among the 13 people killed when wildfires tore through parts of Tennessee this week, according local officials in Gatlinburg.