Dispatches on the web
CBC Radio's Trailbreakers pre-empts the Dispatches Radio One broadcast Thursdays on January 12, 19, 26 and February 2. Podcasts and web editions (cbc.ca/dispatches) of the new Dispatches shows are still available around midday on Thursdays.The Sunday-evening Radio One broadcast, Sirius, U.S. and other broadcasters are not affefcted.
In Gaza, Palestinians have no problem keeping past heroes alive. Not so for their bretheren in East Jerusalem, where Israel is in control and is trying to re-write Palestinian text books. Photo/GettyImages
Israel rewrites the textbooks
They say the winner writes the history books. Israel is trying to write them in East Jerusalem, and the Palestinians don't like it.
Some of their key actors and events have disappeared from Arabic school texts, triggering a backlash among parents and students.
CBC correspondent Derek Stoffel saw for himself, at one homework session.
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated At least 13 killed, dozens injured in California tour bus crash video
- A tour bus crashed into the back of a semi-truck on a southern California highway before dawn on Sunday, killing 13 people and injuring 31, an NBC affiliate reported.
- 83 Nigerian soldiers missing after Boko Haram attack
- Senior military officers say 83 soldiers are missing after Boko Haram Islamic extremists attacked a remote base in northeastern Nigeria. Widows of civilians who joined the fight against Boko Haram were given food aid last week, after months of neglect.
- AT&T's $85B US bid for Time Warner sparks antitrust fears in Washington
- AT&T Inc's agreement to acquire Time Warner Inc for $85 billion US drew skepticism from both Democrats and Republicans on Sunday, making it more likely that regulators will scrutinize the effort to create a new telecommunications and media giant.
- Iraqi, Kurdish forces join to drive ISIS from Mosul
- Iraqi and Kurdish forces launched a new offensive Sunday on a town near Mosul as part of a massive operation aimed at retaking the country's second largest city from the Islamic State group.
- Dueling droughts: Cubs, Indians set to meet in World Series
- At long, long last, it's true: Either the Chicago Cubs or Cleveland Indians will win the World Series. The matchup between teams that forever waited till next year — next century, really — is finally here.