A small and shining story of good news from Haiti
Kids at the République des États-Unis school in Port-au-Prince enjoy a meal at the school which gets considerable aid from Canada in providing much-needed food to students. Photo/David Common
A small, shining story of good news from Haiti
Almost two years since the earthquake in Haiti, and still so much to do.
If you just looked at the big picture, you might despair.
It helps to consider small ones too, as CBC correspondent David Common did at a school in the capital city.
Listen here to the rest of this week's Dispatches.
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Polls favourable to Donald Trump may be overestimating his support, state polls suggest video
- Though the consensus points to a lead for Hillary Clinton, a few polls suggest that Donald Trump is running much closer to the Democratic nominee — or even ahead. But a look at the state polls suggests that these may be outliers.
- 59 killed, 117 wounded after gunmen attack Pakistani police training centre
- A Pakistani police official says the death toll from a brazen overnight militant attack on a police training centre in the southwestern city of Quetta has risen to 59 people, mostly police cadets and trainees.
- Analysis Venezuela's political rivals agree to hold talks amid escalating tensions video
- Venezuela's embattled socialist government and the opposition will start talks this weekend in a bid to head off an escalating political standoff sparked by the suspension of a recall referendum aimed at removing Nicolas Maduro, the nation’s deeply unpopular president.
- 'I don't tweet at 3 a.m. about people who insult me': Obama shades Trump on Kimmel
- President Barack Obama on Monday trolled Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump - known for his prolific use of Twitter to settle scores – making Trump the punch line for jokes on ABC's late-night show Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- Australian amusement park accident kills 4
- Four people were killed in an accident at a theme park on Australia's east coast on Tuesday, officials said.