Rio's Maracana makeover
A view of the construction underway at the fabled Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. Fans are upset that the stadium is being "upgraded" for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics, saying it's losing its character and becoming more corporate and elite.
Rio de Janeiro is having a love-hate relationship. With a stadium. One of the world's largest.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New 'We're here to preserve life': Aboard a ship that saves asylum seekers in the Mediterranean
- The stories of the asylum seekers who make desperate crossings on the Mediterranean are legion. But what about those who devote their lives to saving them?
- New Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst: A look inside the American Redoubt movement video
- The American Redoubt is both a movement and an unofficial geographic zone that includes the states of Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and the eastern parts of Washington and Oregon. It's a place where mostly conservative, Christian Americans who are worried about the future are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.
- Latest from WikiLeaks shows overlap between Bill Clinton's business and fundraising activity
- A 2011 confidential memo written by a longtime Bill Clinton aide during Hillary Clinton's State Department tenure describes overlap between the former president's business ventures and fundraising for the family's charities.
- Police evict protesters from North Dakota pipeline site
- Law enforcement officers dressed in riot gear fired bean bags and pepper spray Thursday as they tried to clear protesters from a camp on private land in the path of the Dakota Access oil pipeline.
- Michelle Obama hits the campaign trail with Hillary Clinton video
- As first ladies they could hardly have been more different. But as Democrats looking to fire up female voters, Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton were firmly bonded on Thursday.