Rio's Maracana makeover
A view of the construction underway at the fabled Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. Fans are upset that the stadium is being "upgraded" for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics, saying it's losing its character and becoming more corporate and elite.
Rio de Janeiro is having a love-hate relationship. With a stadium. One of the world's largest.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Pope Francis says women who had abortions will be offered forgiveness
- Pope Francis will give all priests discretion to formally forgive women who have had abortions and seek absolution during the Roman Catholic Church's upcoming Holy Year.
- Migrant crisis: Budapest train service stopped as preventive measure
- Hungarian authorities are stopping all trains from leaving Budapest's main train terminal in an effort to prevent migrants from using it to leave for Austria and Germany.
- U.S. border wall floated by Scott Walker would be logistical nightmare
- A barrier along the Canada-U.S. border — an idea floated in an interview with a Republic presidential hopeful — would be a logistical nightmare, since the boundary runs through homes, airports, farms and even an opera house.
- Obama calls for urgent action on climate change during Alaska visit
- Submerged countries, abandoned cities and floods of refugees await the world barring urgent action on climate change, U.S. President Barack Obama warned Monday, painting a doomsday scenario as he opened a historic visit to Alaska.
- Live 2016 Olympics and Paralympics update video
- Rio de Janeiro Organizing Committee president Carlos Nuzman updates preparations for the 2016 Summer Games in Brazil