Rio's Maracana makeover
A view of the construction underway at the fabled Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. Fans are upset that the stadium is being "upgraded" for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics, saying it's losing its character and becoming more corporate and elite.
Rio de Janeiro is having a love-hate relationship. With a stadium. One of the world's largest.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- On Day 100, Trump slams 'fake news' media at Pennsylvania rally video
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday issued a scathing attack on the national news media at a Pennsylvania rally he organized for the same evening the White House Correspondents' Association hosts its annual dinner.
- 'Explosive device blast' kills U.S. service member in Mosul video
- A U.S. service member in Iraq was killed Saturday by an explosive device outside Mosul, according to a statement released by the Pentagon.
- Without Trump, White House Correspondents' dinner shifts focus to press freedom
- Prominent Washington journalists, if not Hollywood stars, celebrated the First Amendment during the annual White House Correspondents' dinner, an event that lacked the glitter of past years because of the absence of the president of the United States.
- Pope Francis visits Egypt's Christians targeted by ISIS
- Pope Francis wrapped up a brief but deeply symbolic visit to Egypt on Saturday with an open-air Mass for the country's tiny Catholic community.
- Thousands join worldwide climate marches on Trump's 100th day in office video
- Thousands of people across Canada and the United States are marking U.S. President Donald Trump's 100th day in office by marching in protest of his environmental policies.