Mass marriage and divorce, Peruvian style
Newlyweds raise a toast after getting married during a mass wedding ceremony on Valentine's Day, 2010 in Lima, Peru. Mass weddings like this one - sponsored by the government are an enticement for common-law couples to tie the knot. (AP Photo/Karel Navarro)
Lori's View from Here
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Live Hillary Clinton makes history with Democratic presidential nomination video
- Breaking a historic barrier, Democrats triumphantly chose Hillary Clinton as their White House nominee Tuesday night, the first woman ever to lead a major political party into the general election.
- Attacker who killed French priest had been monitored after planned Syria trip video
- French President François Hollande is vowing to win his country's war against terrorism after attackers slit a priest's throat in an attack on a Normandy church.
- British Council employee attacks Prince George's 'white privilege' on Facebook
- A 52-year-old British Council employee is in hot water this week for allegedly slamming the eldest son of Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, for his "cheeky grin" and "white privilege" on Facebook.
- Analysis Full Olympic ban on Russia never had a chance
- In the wake of the latest investigation into widespread, state-sponsored doping by Russian athletes, many figured the IOC had a slam-dunk decision on its hands. But banning an entire country from the Olympics would have been easier said than done.
- Apple sells more iPhones than expected in 3rd quarter
- Apple Inc sold more iPhones than Wall Street expected in the third quarter and forecast revenue in the current period would top many analysts' targets, soothing fears that demand for Apple's most important product had hit a wall.