Mass marriage and divorce, Peruvian style
Newlyweds raise a toast after getting married during a mass wedding ceremony on Valentine's Day, 2010 in Lima, Peru. Mass weddings like this one - sponsored by the government are an enticement for common-law couples to tie the knot. (AP Photo/Karel Navarro)
Lori's View from Here
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- British PM condemns 'sick and depraved terrorist attack' that left 5 dead in London video audio
- British Prime Minister Theresa May is condemning the "sick and depraved terrorist attack" in London that left at least five people dead and 40 injured.
- Intelligence committee chair briefs Trump on surveillance
- Communications of Donald Trump's transition officials — possibly including the incoming president himself — may have been scooped up in legal surveillance but then improperly distributed throughout the intelligence community, the chairman of the House intelligence committee said Wednesday.
- Photos 'They destroyed us': Mosul residents on life under ISIS occupation
- CBC News recently spent a week in the Iraqi city of Mosul, speaking to residents about what it was like living under the world's most feared terrorist group.
- Confusion reigns as experts question motive for U.S. electronics travel ban video
- The U.S. decision to ban large electronic devices on American-bound flights from 10 international airports sparked confusion among observers Tuesday who were unsure as to how to proceed against the backdrop of an uncertain new policy landscape.
- Chicago teen apparently gang-raped on Facebook Live, say police
- A 15-year-old Chicago girl was apparently sexually assaulted by five or six men or boys on Facebook Live, and none of the roughly 40 people who watched the live video reported the attack to police, authorities said.