Mass marriage and divorce, Peruvian style
Newlyweds raise a toast after getting married during a mass wedding ceremony on Valentine's Day, 2010 in Lima, Peru. Mass weddings like this one - sponsored by the government are an enticement for common-law couples to tie the knot. (AP Photo/Karel Navarro)
Lori's View from Here
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Refugee crisis: Hungary says it will bus hundreds of refugees to Austrian border video
- In a surprise late announcement, the Hungarian government says it will offer buses to take hundreds of refugees to the border with Austria. Earlier today, some 1,200 frustrated refugees left the Keleti train terminal in Budapest to walk all day along the city's main highway to Vienna.
- New Syrian drowning deaths lead to charges in Turkey for 'conscious negligence'
- A Turkish court placed four Syrians in custody on Friday after a prosecutor charged them in connection with the deaths of at least 12 people whose boat capsized as they tried to reach the Greek island of Kos, according to local police.
- Updated Jailed Kentucky clerk's lawyer says new same-sex marriage licences are invalid video
- A jailed Kentucky clerk insists the marriage licences issued Friday to same-sex couples by her office are void because she didn't authorize them, her attorney says.
- Baby born to Sierra Leone's 1st Ebola survivor dies
- After Victoria Yillia loses 21 relatives to Ebola, newborn dies of an infection not believed to be related to Ebola.
- ISIS hit by U.S.-led coalition strikes in Iraq, Syria
- An international coalition led by the United States conducted 15 air strikes against Islamic State in Iraq on Thursday and also targeted the militant group with six strikes in Syria, the U.S. military said in a statement on Friday.