Mass marriage and divorce, Peruvian style
Newlyweds raise a toast after getting married during a mass wedding ceremony on Valentine's Day, 2010 in Lima, Peru. Mass weddings like this one - sponsored by the government are an enticement for common-law couples to tie the knot. (AP Photo/Karel Navarro)
Lori's View from Here
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Clean-energy deal signed Friday in 1st step to green NAFTA video
- Energy ministers from Canada, the United States and Mexico have signed a significant deal on clean energy, a first step toward continental collaboration to battle climate change.
- Zika virus vaccine trials at least 18 months away , WHO says video
- The World Health Organization said Friday that possible vaccines for the Zika virus are at least 18 months away from large-scale trials.
- Teen girl sent by Boko Haram rips off suicide vest, refuses to bomb refugee camp
- Strapped with a booby-trapped vest and sent by the extremist Boko Haram group to kill as many people as possible, the young teenage girl tore off the explosives and fled as soon as she was out of sight of her handlers.
- Blog Detection of gravitational waves marks new era in astronomy: Bob McDonald video
- The announcement Thursday that elusive gravitational waves have been detected for the first time heralds a new era in astronomy that could be as important as Galileo’s first use of the telescope.
- Syria could see temporary truce in a week, diplomats say video
- Diplomats trying to secure a ceasefire for the civil war in Syria fell short in organizing an immediate truce but agreed to try to work out details and implement a temporary "cessation of hostilities" in the coming week.