Mass marriage and divorce, Peruvian style
Newlyweds raise a toast after getting married during a mass wedding ceremony on Valentine's Day, 2010 in Lima, Peru. Mass weddings like this one - sponsored by the government are an enticement for common-law couples to tie the knot. (AP Photo/Karel Navarro)
Lori's View from Here
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN MANILA 'Democracy as we know it is dead': Filipino journalists fight fake news video
- The bogus stories that pollute the internet in the Philippines are startling in their venom, frequency and sometimes clumsy attempts to look real, writes Adrienne Arsenault.
- Analysis 'America Last': A dangerous reaction to Trump's trade bullying: Don Pittis
- The U.S. president's irrational tirades against Canadian lumber, dairy and energy seem part of a strategy to alienate U.S. trade allies. If so, there are signs it is working.
- Israel strikes Iran-supplied arms depot near Damascus
- Israel strikes an arms supply hub operated by the Lebanese group Hezbollah near the Damascus airport, Syrian rebel and regional intelligence sources said, targeting weapons sent from Iran via commercial and military cargo planes.
- United Airlines to offer up to $10K US to bumped passengers
- United Airlines said on Thursday it would offer passengers who volunteer to forfeit their seats on overbooked flights up to $10,000 US as part of the carrier's efforts to repair the damage from the rough removal of a passenger.
- New Thai prosecutors threaten to arrest Red Bull heir
- Thailand's attorney general said on Thursday it would seek the arrest of an heir to the Red Bull fortune after he failed to meet prosecutors over an alleged hit and run that killed a police officer five years ago.