Mass marriage and divorce, Peruvian style
Newlyweds raise a toast after getting married during a mass wedding ceremony on Valentine's Day, 2010 in Lima, Peru. Mass weddings like this one - sponsored by the government are an enticement for common-law couples to tie the knot. (AP Photo/Karel Navarro)
Lori's View from Here
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Italian officials probing if high earthquake death toll result of building code infractions video
- Italian authorities are vowing to investigate whether negligence or fraud in adhering to building codes played a role in the high death toll in last week's earthquake in Italy.
- Trump's immigration talk runs into reality at the Mexican border
- There's already a wall across almost one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border — and people still get over. That's one reason even the border patrol scoffs at U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's proposal to build the rest of the wall.
- How a $64M hack changed the fate of Ethereum, Bitcoin's closest competitor
- Picture this: A thief steals millions of dollars by hacking into an investment fund, and the whole theft is undone with a simple software update. That is, in effect, what happened recently at Ethereum, an upstart digital currency platform second only to Bitcoin in dollar value.
- Colin Kaepernick's national anthem snub the latest in history of sporting events video
- NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick was the centre of controversy earlier this week when he refused to stand during the Star Spangled Banner before a pre-season game — saying the U.S. oppresses black Americans and other minorities — but the incident is not the first sports anthem gaffe.
- United Airlines pilots suspected of being drunk arrested in Glasgow
- Police and airline officials say two United Airlines pilots have been arrested for suspected intoxication before they were to fly 141 passengers from Scotland to the United States.