Twins, a train and art in Brazil
The Brazil-based multi-national Vale Mining is well-known in Canada for vast mineral holdings in four provinces. Not to mention a bitter year-long strike in Sudbury last year. But back in Brazil, it's working on softening its image, one spray can at a time.
CBC's Connie Watson took a ride into The Brazilian interior, just for the art of it.
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN ITALY Trying to mourn the dead as graves quake open in Italy
- It was a day of national mourning in Italy on Saturday. But in the midst of an earthquake zone, still chaotic and reeling from aftershocks, it is not always easy to hold to formality.
- Video Bangladesh police kill Canadian suspect in restaurant attack video
- Bangladeshi authorities say a Canadian man suspected of organizing a deadly attack on a popular restaurant in Dhaka has been killed in a police raid near the capital.
- Donald Trump wants to track U.S. entrants to ensure they don't overstay their visas
- U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said on Saturday he would seek to develop a tracking system to ensure visitors who overstay their visas and become illegal immigrants are removed from the United States.
- Barack 'Fauxbamas' muse about their futures as Obama's presidency ends video
- As bookings start to slow down for some of them, four of Barack Obama’s best-known impersonators reflect on where their careers go next, and how resembling America's first black president changed their lives.
- Clashes in Syria continue as UN appeals for 48-hour truce to deliver humanitarian aid
- Backed by Turkish tanks and reports of airstrikes, Turkey-allied Syrian rebels clashed with Kurdish-led forces in northeastern Syria in a new escalation that further complicates the already protracted Syrian conflict.