Twins, a train and art in Brazil
The Brazil-based multi-national Vale Mining is well-known in Canada for vast mineral holdings in four provinces. Not to mention a bitter year-long strike in Sudbury last year. But back in Brazil, it's working on softening its image, one spray can at a time.
CBC's Connie Watson took a ride into The Brazilian interior, just for the art of it.
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Turkey's chief of staff promises 'severe punishment' for 'cowards in uniform' involved in failed coup
- Canadian Davud Hanci remains detained in Turkey as the country's chief of staff vows any soldier involved in the coup attempt will face "the most severe punishment."
- New Machete attack in Germany leaves 1 dead, 2 injured video
- A 21-year-old Syrian refugee killed a woman with a machete and injured two other people on Sunday before being arrested in the southern German city of Reutlingen, a police spokesman said.
- Russian athletes avoid complete Rio Olympics ban
- Russian athletes will not be completely banned from the Rio Olympics, following a decision by the International Olympic Committee's executive board on Sunday. However, the Russian Olympic Committee has been barred from entering athletes who have ever been sanctioned for doping.
- Black lives, blue lives, all lives: What does it mean when we say certain lives matter? video
- The recent shooting of black men at the hands of police and the killings of law enforcement officers in response have reinstated complicated discussions about what it means when we say certain lives matter.
- Munich gunman spent over a year planning mass shooting, police say
- The teenager behind Friday's deadly shooting rampage at a Munich mall had planned his attack for a year and chose his victims at random, investigators said Sunday.