Sudan's "next" civil war in progress in Blue Nile
Hawa Jundi in a temporary camp where she sheltered after her village of Sally was bombed from the air. Photo/Jared Ferrie
Malawi this week refused to honor its obligation to arrest Sudan's visiting president, Omar al-Bashir, who's accused of genocide in Darfur.
In Malawi, a spokesman said it was a matter of "brotherly co-existence."
Now, as it did in Darfur, Sudan has started an aerial bombing campaign against rebels in its southern border area.
President al-Bashir denies his government is bombarding the Blue Nile State. But Dispatches contributor Jared Ferrie hears different on the ground...
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Hillary Clinton sets out to redefine image as presidential campaign swings into full gear video
- During the four-day Democratic Party convention, Hillary Clinton, her husband Bill Clinton, U.S. President Barack Obama and many other speakers set out to redefine her and change her narrative as she tries to convince Americans that she is best suited for the presidency.
- Florida reports 1st locally transmitted cases of Zika
- The first cases of Zika likely transmitted by mosquitoes on the U.S. mainland have been reported in Florida, the state's governor said Friday.
- New 9 people now face charges stemming from Flint, Mich., water crisis
- Six current or former state employees were charged Friday with misconduct and other crimes in the Flint water crisis, bringing to nine the number of public officials facing prosecution over the lead contamination that alarmed parents across the country.
- PHOTOS Pope asks God to forgive 'so much cruelty' during Auschwitz visit
- Seated on a bench near the gate to the Auschwitz death camp site in Poland, Pope Francis prayed in silence on Friday in tribute to the 1.5 million people, most of them Jews, killed there by Nazi occupiers during the Second World War.
- San Diego police officer killed, another injured in traffic stop shooting
- A traffic stop led to a shootout that killed an anti-gang police officer and seriously injured another, authorities said Friday. A suspect was shot and taken into custody while authorities searched for others who may have been involved.