Asian carp approach Great Lakes
|A fisheries biologist holds a Bighead carp caught in Lake Calumet in Illinois. Photo: Reuters Pictures|
The whopper that won't go away!
Rick MacInnes-Rae welcomes you to the start of the 12th season of Dispatches with this report from Chicago -- about the Asian carp penetratng the American defences and approaching the soft underbelly of Canada's fresh-water shores!
And our thanks to the boys at Indiana Outdoor Adventures for the very animated audio in that piece.
Scientists put chemicals into the Chicago River, trying to fight the advance of the Asian carp.(Getty Images)
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated 'There are voices under the rubble': At least 73 dead in central Italy earthquake
- A strong earthquake in central Italy reduced at three towns to rubble as people slept early Wednesday. At least 73 people were killed and hundreds injured as rescue crews raced to dig out survivors.
- 4 reported dead after 6.8 magnitude earthquake strikes central Burma
- A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit central Burma on Wednesday, damaging temples and killing four people, according to local media reports.
- Analysis How you could make cash on a Donald Trump victory: Don Pittis
- Making a real-money investment in Donald Trump is literally possible as poll numbers change and other investors use election markets as a prediction tool.
- Updated World's largest aircraft damaged in test flight crash landing
- The world's longest aircraft, the Airlander 10 airship, has crash-landed after a test flight in Bedfordshire, central England, its British manufacturer Hybrid Air Vehicles said on Wednesday.
- CBC in Brazil On the eve of Rousseff impeachment trial, PR war waged over former Brazilian leader
- As former president's trial begins, Brazilians protest in support of Dilma Rousseff and in opposition to her - trying to win the world's favour.