Berlin's anti-Nazi cleaning lady
Irmela Schramm paints over pro-Nazi graffiti in Berlin's Schoeneweide district. Photo/ Markus Schreiber/AP
-Irmela Mensah-Schramm removes a poster with the inscription "Foreigners Out" at a street in Berlin's Rudow district. Photo/ Markus Schreiber/
Scrubbing the hate away
It's been more than 60 years since the end of the Second World War, and still you see Nazi stickers and graffiti in the streets of Germany.
It's the leavings of a hateful underground that idealizes the evils of Hitler's Third Reich.
One very driven woman is on a mission to wipe it out -- using paint, and publicity, no matter who she offends. And she's offended a few.
Dispatches contributor Saroja Coelho makes the rounds with a modern-day vigilante, as she puts her trophies on display
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Iraqi forces push to retake Fallujah amid wave of ISIS bombings
- A wave of bombings claimed by ISIS targeted commercial areas in and around Baghdad on Monday, killing at least 24 people in attacks that came as Iraqi troops moved to recapture Fallujah, a city west of Iraq's capital that's held by the extremist group.
- Analysis Hey neighbours! Worried about Trump? C'mon up to Canada for a test drive: Don Pittis
- With the loonie still low and Donald Trump steps closer to the White House, this is a great opportunity for worried Americans. Rather than make an uninformed runner for the border after the November vote, this is the perfect chance for Trumpophobes to take Canada for a test drive.
- Alan Pulido, Mexican soccer player, rescued after kidnapping
- Mexican authorities say soccer player Alan Pulido, a forward with Olympiacos in the Greek league, has been rescued safe and sound after an hours-long kidnapping in the northeast border state of Tamaulipas.
- Analysis As Trump makes peace with Republicans, Sanders ratchets up war with Democrats
- The Republicans' internal battles have certainly quieted down, and will likely continue to simmer now that Donald Trump has crossed the threshold of delegate support, the war within the Democratic ranks has surprisingly intensified.
- Brazilian police swarm Rio slums for suspects after girl's gang rape video
- Rio de Janeiro police swarmed two slums on Sunday searching for suspects in the alleged gang rape of a 16-year-old Brazilian girl who said more than 30 men assaulted her — a case that shocked the nation set to host the Olympics in August.