Berlin's anti-Nazi cleaning lady
Irmela Schramm paints over pro-Nazi graffiti in Berlin's Schoeneweide district. Photo/ Markus Schreiber/AP
-Irmela Mensah-Schramm removes a poster with the inscription "Foreigners Out" at a street in Berlin's Rudow district. Photo/ Markus Schreiber/
Scrubbing the hate away
It's been more than 60 years since the end of the Second World War, and still you see Nazi stickers and graffiti in the streets of Germany.
It's the leavings of a hateful underground that idealizes the evils of Hitler's Third Reich.
One very driven woman is on a mission to wipe it out -- using paint, and publicity, no matter who she offends. And she's offended a few.
Dispatches contributor Saroja Coelho makes the rounds with a modern-day vigilante, as she puts her trophies on display
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- U.S. presidential hopefuls weigh in on Supreme Court vacancy video
- The prospect of President Barack Obama's successor nominating a Supreme Court justice immediately after taking office offers a more tangible way for voters to evaluate the contenders.
- Feral parakeets taking over London, prompting concerns they'll push out native birds
- In London, parakeets are everywhere and their populations are spreading throughout the U.K. and Europe, prompting concerns the invasive species could harm native ecosystems.
- New 5 Palestinians killed while trying to attack Israelis, Israel officials say
- Five Palestinians were killed and another critically wounded while attempting to attack Israelis in four separate incidents in the West Bank and Jerusalem on Sunday, according to the Israeli police and military.
- Analysis Nobody on Earth could make a good enough Supreme Court justice for Republicans video
- The replacement for Justice Antonin Scalia, who was found dead Saturday in Texas, is already becoming a big, bitterly disputed political issue in the U.S. presidential election, exactly what you'd think such an appointment should not be.
- The Revenant triumphs at BAFTA awards
- The survival drama The Revenant, much of which was filmed in Alberta and B.C., took the top awards at this year's BAFTAs, including best film, actor and director.