Berlin's anti-Nazi cleaning lady
Irmela Schramm paints over pro-Nazi graffiti in Berlin's Schoeneweide district. Photo/ Markus Schreiber/AP
-Irmela Mensah-Schramm removes a poster with the inscription "Foreigners Out" at a street in Berlin's Rudow district. Photo/ Markus Schreiber/
Scrubbing the hate away
It's been more than 60 years since the end of the Second World War, and still you see Nazi stickers and graffiti in the streets of Germany.
It's the leavings of a hateful underground that idealizes the evils of Hitler's Third Reich.
One very driven woman is on a mission to wipe it out -- using paint, and publicity, no matter who she offends. And she's offended a few.
Dispatches contributor Saroja Coelho makes the rounds with a modern-day vigilante, as she puts her trophies on display
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- California firefighters battle fast-spreading blaze near Los Angeles
- A wildfire that destroyed 18 homes has surged back to unpredictable life, darkening the skies north of Los Angeles with black smoke and driving thousands from their homes.
- CBC IN PHILADELPHIA Sanders voters feel vindicated by leaked emails showing 'rigged' system
- Democrats arrived in Philadelphia for their convention amid drama that Bernie Sanders supporters say adds fuel to their fire. Leaked emails that were hacked from the Democratic National Committee prove party officials favoured Hillary Clinton, they say, and that this does little to help party unity.
- 7 Russian swimmers banned from Rio Olympics
- Swimming governing body FINA has ruled seven Russian swimmers ineligible to compete at the Olympics, including three it says were linked to recent allegations of a major doping coverup by Russian authorities.
- Photos Bernie Sanders supporters rally at Democratic National Convention
- Supporters of Hillary Clinton's former rival, Bernie Sanders, converged Sunday in Philadelphia, the site of this week's Democratic National Convention.
- New Zealand aims to wipe out predators by 2050
- New Zealand has unveiled a plan kill off every last rat, possum and stoat in the country in order to save kiwis and other birds threatened by the egg-eating predators.