Berlin's anti-Nazi cleaning lady
Irmela Schramm paints over pro-Nazi graffiti in Berlin's Schoeneweide district. Photo/ Markus Schreiber/AP
-Irmela Mensah-Schramm removes a poster with the inscription "Foreigners Out" at a street in Berlin's Rudow district. Photo/ Markus Schreiber/
Scrubbing the hate away
It's been more than 60 years since the end of the Second World War, and still you see Nazi stickers and graffiti in the streets of Germany.
It's the leavings of a hateful underground that idealizes the evils of Hitler's Third Reich.
One very driven woman is on a mission to wipe it out -- using paint, and publicity, no matter who she offends. And she's offended a few.
Dispatches contributor Saroja Coelho makes the rounds with a modern-day vigilante, as she puts her trophies on display
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Trump broke U.S. law with dealings in Cuba, Newsweek report says
- Another bombshell has landed on Donald Trump's presidential run from Newsweek, which in a story released Thursday alleges the billionaire businessman broke U.S. law by doing business with Cuba.
- CBC IN GREECE Living 'as a big family': Hotel housing project gives refugees a rare sense of hope
- An abandoned Athens hotel that has been transformed into a refugee housing project is a rare bright spot in a crisis where hope is always fleeting, the CBC's Ellen Mauro writes from Greece.
- Deadly commuter train crash in New Jersey a 'tragic accident' video
- Officials in New York and New Jersey say they need more information to determine what caused a commuter train to plow into a rail station at a high rate of speed killing one woman and injuring 108 people.
- Filipino senator fears for her safety over opposition to President Duterte
- Filipino Sen. Leila de Lima says the country's new strongman president Rodrigo Duterte has a “personal vendetta” against her and she fears for her safety.
- Scientists bid farewell to Rosetta spacecraft ahead of Friday's crash landing
- Scientists are saying their final farewells to the Rosetta space probe ahead of its planned crash-landing on a comet.