Nothing but mammals, baby...
CBC correspondent Connie Watson expected certain dangers when she got into a taxi to ride into the heart of the war zone in Kosovo. But she wasn't counting on explicit advances of a musical nature, from her rogue of a driver.
After hearing her tale of animal lust, you may never think of the Discovery Channel in quite the same way again.
This is part of the June 23 Dispatches In The Summer program.
It's originally from a 90-minute special called The Dispatches Soundtrax Edition -- a collection of musical moments from our correspondents around the world. Listen to all three parts of it.
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- 'We're here to preserve life': Come aboard a ship that saves asylum seekers in the Mediterranean
- The stories of the asylum seekers who make desperate crossings on the Mediterranean are legion. But what about those who devote their lives to saving them?
- Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst: A look inside the American Redoubt movement video
- The American Redoubt is both a movement and an unofficial geographic zone that includes several states. It's a place where Americans who are worried about the future are hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.
- Mississippi mom says noose put around teen son's neck will leave emotional scars
- A black 15-year-old in Mississippi shook in fear as he described how white schoolmates put a noose around his neck and pulled it tight, leaving no physical scars but perhaps a life-changing emotional wound, his mother said.
- ISIS using tens of thousands as human shields in Mosul
- ISIS is using tens of thousands of people as human shields in Mosul as Iraqi and U.S. forces continue their large-scale offensive to retake Iraq's second-largest city.
- New World's largest marine reserve created in Antarctic sea video
- The countries that decide the fate of Antarctica's waters reached an historic agreement on Friday to create the world's largest marine protected area in the ocean next to the frozen continent.