Aggra, India: throw our correspondent from the train
CBC China correspondent Anthony Germain has known some scrapes and adventures with authorities there. But he got a real eye opening when he vacationed in India with his family.
Categories: News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- New U.S.-backed troops capture Syrian airbase from ISIS
- U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish forces captured a strategically important airbase from Islamic State militants in north Syria on Sunday in the first major victory for the group since the U.S. airlifted the forces behind enemy lines four days ago.
- Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny arrested during protest
- Police arrested dozens of protesters across Russia on Sunday, including opposition leader Alexei Navalny, after thousands took to the streets to demonstrate against corruption and demand the resignation of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
- Cincinnati, Ohio nightclub shooting leaves 1 dead, 15 wounded
- Gunfire erupted inside a crowded nightclub in Cincinnati early Sunday, killing a 27-year-old man and wounding more than a dozen other people. The city's mayor predicts a "long process" in solving the crime.
- Trump, after blaming Democrats, now also faults conservatives for failed health-care bill
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday attacked conservative lawmakers for the failure of the Republican bill to replace Barack Obama's health-care law as his aides pledged to court moderate Democrats on upcoming initiatives from health care to tax cuts.
- Carrie Lam, Beijing's pick, chosen as Hong Kong's leader
- The first woman elected to lead Hong Kong has vowed to heal divisions, but the choice of Carrie Lam as chief executive is unlikely to appease pro-democracy supporters in the semi-autonomous territory.