Ivory Coast... refugees look for hope in Liberia
David starts a fire to clear enough land to grow food for his family in Liberia after they fled Ivory Coast. Photo/Bonnie Allen
Ivorian spirit trumps setbacks
Thousands of Ivorians have fled post- election chaos.
Many crossed to refugee camps in nearby Liberia.
That's where reporter Bonnie Allen met a farmer whose spirit in the face of tall odds made her break one of her own long-held rules.
Listen now to Bonnie's View from Here.
Click here for this week's Dispatches program.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Ugly questions loom after look at U.S. Justice Department's police racism files: Neil Macdonald video
- Anyone tempted to dismiss the angry, in-your-face tactics of the Black Lives Matter movement should spend a little time browsing the special litigation section of the U.S. Department of Justice, Neil MacDonald writes.
- Trump says Clinton's plans for Syria would 'lead to WW III'
- U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said on Tuesday that Democrat Hillary Clinton's plan for Syria would "lead to World War Three," because of the potential for conflict with military forces from nuclear-armed Russia.
- New Airstrikes in Syria kill 17, mostly children, outside school
- Airstrikes in Syria killed 17 people, mostly children on Wednesday when warplanes struck a school complex in the northern rebel-held province of Idlib, activists said.
- Tents, shelters set ablaze as Calais migrant camp cleared video
- French authorities say they've cleared the large Calais migrant camp days earlier than planned. Earlier, large fires were set amid the wood, plastic and fabric of the camp and vast plumes of smoke rose about the site.
- 'Down ballot' races hold high stakes in U.S. election video
- Washington political chatter is turning away from the race for the White House and toward "down ballot" races — the ones that will decide, among other things, which party controls the Senate and which controls the House of Representatives.