Ivory Coast... refugees look for hope in Liberia
David starts a fire to clear enough land to grow food for his family in Liberia after they fled Ivory Coast. Photo/Bonnie Allen
Ivorian spirit trumps setbacks
Thousands of Ivorians have fled post- election chaos.
Many crossed to refugee camps in nearby Liberia.
That's where reporter Bonnie Allen met a farmer whose spirit in the face of tall odds made her break one of her own long-held rules.
Listen now to Bonnie's View from Here.
Click here for this week's Dispatches program.
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Colorado Planned Parenthood attack suspect called loner who left few clues about motive video
- A loner from North Carolina who liked to spend time in his mountain cabin and avoided eye contact with neighbours was in custody Saturday after police said he opened fire at a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic and killed three people.
- Photos from Paris, Brussels, Chicago show a week racked by conflict
- Each week the editors on the CBC News photo desk compile a gallery of top news images from around the world. This week, with European cities on high alert after the attacks in Paris and a brazen assault on a hotel in Mali, the theme is conflict.
- Syrian refugees: 3 radical approaches to solving the crisis audio
- As politicians the world over grapple with the Syrian refugee crisis, a couple of political science PhD students at the University of Toronto have come up with a list of some of the most innovative ideas.
- King Tut's tomb: Researchers now 90% sure it contains hidden chambers
- Egypt on Saturday said there is a 90 per cent chance that hidden chambers will be found within King Tutankhamun's tomb, based on the preliminary results of a new exploration of the 3,300-year-old mausoleum.
- Photos show 10 of the worst weather disasters
- From Hurricane Sandy to sandstorms in China, following is a look at 10 of the worst weather-related disasters of the past 20 years.