Kampala...home of Gadhafi's fan club?
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter's View From Here
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- NHL Winter Classic parking near stadium at a premium
- Parking will cost a hefty price for the NHL’s Winter Classic hockey game in Ann Arbor, Mich., on New Year’s Day.
- Apollo Theatre structural assessment underway after collapse
- Authorities are carrying out a structural assessment at the Apollo Theatre in London, England after the partial collapse of its ceiling injured more than 75 people in the packed auditorium.
- Target stores hit by data breach affecting 40 million cards video
- Target says about 40 million credit and debit card accounts may have been affected by a data breach linked to recent purchases in its U.S. stores.
- Philippine mayor, his wife among 4 killed at airport
- A gunman attacked a Philippine mayor as he left the country's main airport on Friday along with crowds of Christmas travellers, killing him, his wife, a child and another man, authorities and witnesses said.
- Updated Mikhail Khodorkovsky released from Russian prison
- Mikhail Khodorkovsky, an opponent of Vladimir Putin, was released from prison in northwestern Russia on Friday after being pardoned by the president, his lawyer said.