Kampala...home of Gadhafi's fan club?
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter's View From Here
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Clinton vs. Trump: Clashing debate-prep styles hint at sharp contrasts on stage video
- Tonight's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton is a study in personality clashes. It’s also a test of two opposing preparation strategies, one of which may not involve much prep at all.
- World powers admit political solution to Syrian war might not be possible: Derek Stoffel
- As the bombs continue to fall on Aleppo, a new reality is descending on Syria: the long-held belief that the conflict there will only end with a political solution might not hold true.
- Updated Gunman injures 9 near Texas shopping centre before police shoot him dead
- Six people are in hospital after a gunman opened fire near a Houston, Texas, shopping centre early Monday morning — firing randomly at passersby and commuters before he was shot and killed by police. Three others suffered minor injuries.
- Analysis Rancid small-state nationalism surges in Europe: Don Murray
- Two referendums and an election in southern Europe are setting emotions swirling and stirring up political havoc.
- Interactive Poll Tracker: Trump pulls to highest standing yet in electoral college projections
- The 2016 race for the U.S. presidency is shaping up to be bitter and unpredictable. From now until election day on Nov. 8, CBC poll analyst Éric Grenier tracks the polls and each candidate’s chances in an interactive feature.