Kampala...home of Gadhafi's fan club?
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter's View From Here
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Impeachment trial a step away from 'real coup d'état,' says Brazil's Dilma Rousseff
- Suspended president Dilma Rousseff appears before Brazil's Senate to defend herself against charges of breaking budget laws in an impeachment trial that is expected to remove her from office this week.
- Apple to be hit with massive EU tax bill, sources say
- The European Commission is about to rule against Ireland's tax dealings with Apple Inc., according to sources, one of whom said Dublin would be directed to recoup over a billion euros in back taxes from the iPhone and Macbook maker.
- Chinese TV star accuses Canada's tourism agency of censoring him
- A Chinese television star is accusing the Crown corporation that promotes Canadian tourism abroad of censorship for its opposition to an episode of his program that puts a spotlight on the rights of Canada's Aboriginal people.
- Legendary comic actor Gene Wilder dead at 83
- Gene Wilder, star of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and Mel Brooks comedies such as The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein, is dead at 83, his family says.
- 49er QB Kaepernick's anthem protest sets off firestorm in U.S.
- From the White House to San Francisco police union headquarters and the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Colin Kaepernick's name came up Monday as his decision to sit down during the national anthem reached far beyond football.