Kampala...home of Gadhafi's fan club?
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter's View From Here
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- CBC IN LONDON The officer and the MP: both tried to save lives, only one succeeded
- Keith Palmer and Tobias Ellwood, both fathers and at one time soldiers, are both being praised for their heroism in Wednesday's attack in London.
- New U.S. House steers toward climactic vote on Republican health-care bill
- U.S. Republicans got their health-care overhaul past an initial barrier and toward a climactic roll call Friday, plunging ahead despite uncertainty over whether they had the votes to prevail in what loomed as a monumental gamble for President Donald Trump and his Republican allies in Congress.
- Khalid Masood, once named Adrian Russell Ajao, used rental car to mow down pedestrians video
- Police are combing through "massive amounts of computer data" and have contacted thousands of witnesses as they look for clues about why a British-born man became radicalized and launched a deadly attack on Parliament, a senior police official said Friday.
- The politics of Pluto: 10 years later, the bitter debate rages on
- More than 10 years after Pluto was demoted from planet to dwarf planet, the debate continues, with leading scientists on both sides becoming more vociferous and maybe a little testy.
- Egypt's Hosni Mubarak released after years-long detention
- Egypt's former president Hosni Mubarak returned home on Friday, free following his release from custody after legal proceedings that took years since his 2011 ouster.