Kampala...home of Gadhafi's fan club?
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter's View From Here
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- New Malaysia Airlines plane search suspended after nearly 3 years
- After nearly three years, the hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ended in futility and frustration Tuesday, as crews completed their deep-sea search of a desolate stretch of the Indian Ocean without finding a trace of the plane.
- Updated Turkey says Istanbul club shooting suspect confesses, attacked for ISIS video
- A gunman suspected of killing 39 people during a New Year's attack on an Istanbul nightclub was caught in a police operation and later confessed during interrogation, authorities in Turkey said early Tuesday.
- Martin Luther King III meets with Trump on holiday commemorating his father
- Martin Luther King's daughter said on Monday that "God can triumph over Trump," but the slain civil rights leader's son struck a conciliatory tone after meeting with the president-elect on the U.S. holiday that honours their father.
- Eugene Cernan, last astronaut to walk on moon, dead at 82
- Eugene Cernan, the last astronaut to walk on the moon, an experience that he said made him "belong to the universe," died on Monday at the age of 82, the U.S. space agency said.
- Kirk Wilson, Canadian working security, among 5 dead after Mexico club shooting video
- A Canadian is dead after a shooting and stampede at a nightclub in a Playa del Carmen, Mexico, which left five dead and several injured.