Kampala...home of the Gadhafi Fan Club!
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter found it had a lot to do with the reach of his oil money.
Dennis's View From Here
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Is Russia's fight with Ukraine as intractable as the Middle East? video
- If the world seems like a confusing, chaotic place right now with rampant, sudden, often tribal violence, and no one seemingly in charge, that's because it is, Brian Stewart writes.
- Analysis Why Texas Gov. Rick Perry may run again for president
- Gov. Rick Perry may have set his sights on the Texas border with his plan to send 1,000 state National Guard troops to boost security, but some suggest his main target is the Republican Party, as the governor considers another presidential run.
- TransAsia flight crashes in Taiwan, dozens feared dead video
- A plane landing in stormy weather crashes outside an airport on a small Taiwanese island, and the transport minister said 47 people were trapped and feared dead.
- DOT-111 rail cars would be banned for oil under U.S. rules
- The U.S. Department of Transportation on Wednesday announced proposed rules for transporting oil and other dangerous materials by rail that would phase out the use of controversial DOT-111 rail cars.
- Costa Concordia towed away from Italian port where it sunk video
- The Costa Concordia cruise liner has begun its final voyage, slowly being towed away from the tiny Italian island where it capsized, killing 32 people in 2012.