Kampala...home of the Gadhafi Fan Club!
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter found it had a lot to do with the reach of his oil money.
Dennis's View From Here
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Sony cyberattack: what is Obama going to do about it? video
- The cyberattack against Sony Pictures is a matter of national security and U.S. President Barack Obama and his team are weighing various options to respond, a White House spokesman said Thursday.
- Analysis Theatres shunning The Interview are likely buckling to 'an empty threat'
- A hacker group possibly linked to North Korea that threatened to commit Sept. 11-style acts against theatres showing the film The Interview was engaging in a lot of bluster and likely posed no credible security risk to moviegoers, say some security experts.
- Analysis Why it's so hard to know when oil will bounce back: Don Pittis
- From Russian political stability to the value of Canada's oil sands companies, there is a lot riding on the price of oil. But economic analysts are proposing very different views on whether, when and how much the price of oil will rise, Don Pittis says.
- Stephen Colbert retires his 'Report' video
- Nine years of Comedy Central's The Colbert Report came to an end Thursday night along with its mythical presiding pundit, as the real-life Stephen Colbert bade the audience farewell.
- New Monkey Tasered in France after chocolate-fuelled bender
- An aggressive North African macaque was finally subdued in Marseilles after police deployed a stun gun, ending the primate's weeks-long, chocolate-fuelled rampage.