Kampala...home of the Gadhafi Fan Club!
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter found it had a lot to do with the reach of his oil money.
Dennis's View From Here
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Trump vows federal help as storm, tornadoes rip through southeastern U.S., killing 15
- A dangerous weekend weather system has killed at least 15 people in the U.S. South. U.S. President Donald Trump has pledged federal assistance for the affected areas, and Georgia has declared a state of emergency.
- 'He wants Americans to love him': Trump biographers on what kind of president he'll be
- Donald Trump's need for approval as well as his insecurities over his intellect and wealth offer insight into how he'll act as U.S. president, say two of his biographers.
- Israel's PM delays West Bank annexation vote
- The municipality of Jerusalem granted final approval Sunday for the construction of hundreds of new homes in east Jerusalem, while a hard-line cabinet minister pushed the government to annex a major West Bank settlement as emboldened Israeli nationalists welcomed the presidency of Donald Trump.
- Trump overstates inauguration crowd as Women's March appears to draw bigger turnout video
- There were strong signs across the U.S. that the number of people who attended the Women's March on Washington on Saturday topped those who gathered on Friday to watch U.S. President Donald Trump's inauguration.
- Syrian rebels urge Russia to help ensure ceasefire holds
- A Syrian rebel group called on Russia to withstand pressure from Iran and the Syrian government to help ensure that a ceasefire reached last month holds, the head of a delegation at peace talks told Reuters on Sunday.