Kampala...home of the Gadhafi Fan Club!
One of the many Gadhafi-themed posters available on the streets of Kampala. Photo/Dennis Porter
The View from Uganda: Gadhafi rules
Muammar Gadhafi's got a fan club. But why's it so far from home?
Dennis Porter found it had a lot to do with the reach of his oil money.
Dennis's View From Here
Categories: News Promo
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Up to 40 feared dead in California warehouse party fire video
- The city of Oakland, Calif., had been investigating whether people were illegally living in a warehouse that was the site of a deadly fire that broke out during a late-night party on Friday, killing at least nine people and as many as 40, officials said on Saturday.
- CBC IN CUBA After 4-day funeral trek, Cuba saying goodbye to Fidel Castro with mass rally video
- The cremated remains of Fidel Castro, which have been taken on a slow and winding journey across the island, arrived in the eastern city of Santiago de Cuba, where a rally was scheduled to honour the former leader.
- Updated Jill Stein's Green Party drops Pennsylvania recount bid
- Green Party-backed voters dropped a court case Saturday that had sought to force a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, in what Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein had framed as an effort to explore whether voting machines and systems had been hacked and the election result manipulated.
- 'Raging' 10-alarm fire engulfs buildings and cars in Cambridge, Mass.
- Firefighters were battling a major, multiple-alarm fire of several buildings in Cambridge, Mass., the city's fire department said on Twitter.
- 'It's just a ploy': North Dakota protesters reject help from officials to leave as winter descends video
- The head of North Dakota's emergency management services says the state is prepared to respond to Dakota Access pipeline protesters who may need help during a winter storm or some other crisis, but some protesters on their way to the site are it's "just a ploy" to get them out.