Benghazi...training the rebels Gadhafi vows to crush
Gadhafi promises to "show no mercy" to rebels like these young men, being trained by army defectors, but somewhat distracted by our reporter. (photo/Bonnie Allen)
Canadian journalist Bonnie Allen visited the schoolyard "camp" where Libyan army defectors train a ragtag group of spirited rebels to fire Kalashnikovs and pray for God's help to kill Moammar Gadhafi.
The basketball court where Libyan rebels drill to become a fighting unit against Gadhafi. (photo/Bonnie Allen)
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Hurricane Matthew soaks Colombia, heads for Jamaica
- One of the most powerful Atlantic hurricanes in recent history weakened a little on Saturday as it drenched coastal Colombia and roared across the Caribbean on a course that still puts Jamaica, Haiti and Cuba in the path of potentially devastating winds and rain.
- CBC in Paris Paris mayor's attempt to curb traffic along Seine leaves some commuters fuming
- The Paris mayor's decision to close the right bank of the Seine river to cars as a means of reducing air pollution has left many in the city hyperventilating.
- Russian jets strike Aleppo as Moscow ramps up Syria bombing campaign
- Russian war planes struck rebel-held areas north of Aleppo on Saturday as the army shelled the besieged old quarter in a major offensive, rebels and a monitoring group said.
- New Birth of a Nation's Nate Parker addresses rape allegation on 60 Minutes
- The co-writer, director and star behind the acclaimed film The Birth of a Nation has faced a deluge of questions regarding a rape allegation dating back to 2001.
- Analysis Hungarian voters appear set to deliver a blow to EU migrant quotas
- Hungary's anti-immigrant government appears set to win a referendum on whether the country should accept European Union refugee resettlement quotas. A victory could send shock waves through the already battered bloc.