Benghazi...training the rebels Gadhafi vows to crush
Gadhafi promises to "show no mercy" to rebels like these young men, being trained by army defectors, but somewhat distracted by our reporter. (photo/Bonnie Allen)
Canadian journalist Bonnie Allen visited the schoolyard "camp" where Libyan army defectors train a ragtag group of spirited rebels to fire Kalashnikovs and pray for God's help to kill Moammar Gadhafi.
The basketball court where Libyan rebels drill to become a fighting unit against Gadhafi. (photo/Bonnie Allen)
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN ITALY Italians worry quake-struck town will be abandoned, lost forever video
- People in the Italian town of San Giovanni di Accumoli, where a deadly earthquake struck earlier this week, mourn those killed and contemplate the possibility the town may be abandoned forever.
- 3 Canadians charged with smuggling $30M in cocaine on cruise ship in Australia video
- Three Canadian cruise ship passengers are charged with drug smuggling after Sydney police allegedly find 95 kilograms of cocaine in their cabin luggage.
- New Brazil's Dilma Rousseff appears at impeachment trial
- Suspended president Dilma Rousseff appears before Brazil's Senate to defend herself from charges of breaking budget laws in an impeachment trial that is expected to remove her from office this week.
- EpiPen maker to launch cheaper, generic version in U.S.
- Mylan to launch generic EpiPen in U.S. at half the price of original.
- Explosion in Brussels blamed on arsonists
- Arsonists set fire to Belgium's National Institute of Criminology in Brussels, causing an explosion but no casualties, a Brussels prosecutor said.