Benghazi...training the rebels Gadhafi vows to crush
Gadhafi promises to "show no mercy" to rebels like these young men, being trained by army defectors, but somewhat distracted by our reporter. (photo/Bonnie Allen)
Canadian journalist Bonnie Allen visited the schoolyard "camp" where Libyan army defectors train a ragtag group of spirited rebels to fire Kalashnikovs and pray for God's help to kill Moammar Gadhafi.
The basketball court where Libyan rebels drill to become a fighting unit against Gadhafi. (photo/Bonnie Allen)
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis From dreaded possibility to looming eventuality — Brexit is here: Nahlah Ayed
- As official notice of Brexit is given, the feared consequences are already being felt: some EU workers affected aren't waiting to find out what happens, and are moving on. Some have stopped coming to Britain. Both trends have started causing problems for employers, Nahlah Ayed reports.
- Bodies of UN investigators, translator found in Congo
- The bodies of an American and a Swedish investigator with the United Nations and their Congolese interpreter have been found in Congo's Central Kasai province, authorities said Tuesday, more than two weeks after they disappeared while looking into recent violence there.
- Special Report A country without cash: Zimbabwe is so desperate it's selling off its elephants
- After nearly 40 years of Robert Mugabe’s rule, Zimbabwe is broke — so broke that it’s selling its elephants. CBC News explores the dying days of a dictatorship that continues to punish its people.
- Emmanuel Macron scores endorsement from Socialist ex-PM Valls
- French former Prime Minister Manuel Valls said on Wednesday he would vote for Emmanuel Macron in the coming presidential election, the biggest Socialist party name to date to turn his back on its official candidate and back the centrist instead.
- Trump issues executive order rolling back Obama climate change policies video
- U.S. President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Tuesday to undo Obama-era climate change regulations that his administration says are hobbling oil drillers and coal miners, a move environmental groups have vowed to take to court.