Benghazi...training the rebels Gadhafi vows to crush
Gadhafi promises to "show no mercy" to rebels like these young men, being trained by army defectors, but somewhat distracted by our reporter. (photo/Bonnie Allen)
Canadian journalist Bonnie Allen visited the schoolyard "camp" where Libyan army defectors train a ragtag group of spirited rebels to fire Kalashnikovs and pray for God's help to kill Moammar Gadhafi.
The basketball court where Libyan rebels drill to become a fighting unit against Gadhafi. (photo/Bonnie Allen)
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Recap Trump leads standing ovation for Hillary Clinton at inaugural lunch
- Donald Trump told the inaugural lunch crowd he was "very honoured" when he heard Hillary Clinton and her husband, former president Bill Clinton, were coming. Follow CBC correspondents on Capitol Hill and around the world as the new U.S. presidency begins.
- Analysis How history could make strange bedfellows of Obama and Trump: Keith Boag
- There might come a day when Obama will be grateful it was Trump and not a purebred Republican who became the custodian of his legacy, Keith Boag writes.
- Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' faces life sentence in U.S. prison
- Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman will spend the rest of his life in a U.S. prison if convicted on charges he ran the world's largest drug-trafficking organization during a decades-long criminal career, U.S. prosecutors said on Friday.
- Rescuers in Italy pull 2 children, 8 other survivors from hotel rubble video
- A firefighter says 10 people, including two children, have been found alive in the debris of a hotel levelled by an avalanche in Italy earlier this week.
- Live Protesters greet Donald Trump inauguration video
- Black-clad activists protesting U.S. president-elect Donald Trump's inauguration smashed store and car windows in Washington on Friday and fought with police in riot gear who responded with pepper spray and stun grenades.