Whoonga -- what's in the killer street drug of Durban?
Powdered whoonga is sprinkled on tobacco or marijuana providing an addictive and toxic high.(Photo/Anders Kelto)
Junkies get sick if they take it, and sicker if they don't.
Journalist Anders Kelto traced it from the streets of Kwa Dabekaa township near Durban right into the laboratory, to discover what's hooking people on whoonga.
His full documentary is on the February 24/27 edition of Dispatches
Categories: News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Netanyahu's anti-Iran 'mission' to U.S. worries Israelis video
- There is genuine worry among many Israelis that Benjamin Netanyahu’s constant beating of the drum about Iran has done serious damage to the relationship with the U.S., Derek Stoffel writes.
- New Iraqi forces try to seal off ISIS around Tikrit
- Thousands of Iraqi soldiers and Shia militiamen sought to seal off Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters in Tikrit and nearby towns on Tuesday.
- Boris Nemtsov funeral: Russians pay respects to Kremlin critic
- Several hundred Russians, many carrying red carnations, queued on Tuesday to pay their respects to Boris Nemtsov, the Kremlin critic whose murder last week showed the hazards of speaking out against Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Craig Hicks could face death penalty if convicted of killing 3 Muslims
- North Carolina prosecutors will seek the death penalty against a man who police say kept detailed notes on parking at his condominium complex before gunning down three young Muslims in a neighbouring unit, according to documents released on Monday.
- Indonesia readying to execute so-called Bali 9 for drug offences
- Indonesia is nearly ready to execute by firing squad nine foreigners condemned for drug smuggling as diplomatic squabbles persist over the executions.