Specials: September 2010 Archives
Monday September 13, 2010
We're proud of everything we put on the air, but there are some pieces that really stand out. From time to time, we feature some of them here.
Shovelling the Rain Away
Justice And The Next Life
Zimbabwe: The Exodus Within
The Plight of the Pygmies
The Marshall Islands
Read more »
Categories: Highlights, Specials
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Climate protesters plan human chain in Paris on global day of action video
- Paris will be at the heart of worldwide protests Sunday, on the eve of a UN climate summit there, as more than 2,000 climate events are planned in cities around the world, including in Canada.
- Top Kurdish lawyer Tahir Elci shot dead in southeast Turkey video
- A prominent Kurdish lawyer and rights activist was shot in the head and killed in a street shootout on Saturday, an incident likely to fuel further unrest in Turkey's mostly Kurdish southeast.
- Colorado Planned Parenthood attack suspect uttered 'no more baby parts' after arrest video
- Authorities have yet to outline a possible motive for Friday's deadly attack on a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic, but Robert Lewis Dear, the suspect, reportedly uttered the words "no more baby parts" after he surrendered to police.
- Female suicide bombers kill 5 in north Cameroon
- Two female suspected Boko Haram militants detonated a pair of suicide bombs in a village in northern Cameroon on Saturday, killing at least five people.
- 3 killed after mortar attack on United Nations base in Mali
- Mortars lit up the dawn sky when they were fired on a United Nations base in the northern Mali city of Kidal early Saturday, killing at least three people. Another 20 have been injured, leaving four in serious condition.