Specials: September 2010 Archives
Monday September 13, 2010
We're proud of everything we put on the air, but there are some pieces that really stand out. From time to time, we feature some of them here.
Shovelling the Rain Away
Justice And The Next Life
Zimbabwe: The Exodus Within
The Plight of the Pygmies
The Marshall Islands
Read more »
Categories: Highlights, Specials
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Officers surround Charlotte, N.C., protesters reacting to fatal police shooting
- A group of around 100 demonstrators have gathered across the street from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C., to protest the shooting death last week of a black man by a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer.
- Russian actions in Aleppo 'barbarism,' not counter-terrorism, says U.S. ambassador at UN
- Russia's actions in Syria amount to "barbarism," not counter-terrorism as Moscow insists, Samantha Powers, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said on Sunday.
- Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez dies in boating crash
- The Miami Marlins have confirmed that star pitcher Jose Fernandez has died following a boating crash off Miami beach early Sunday.
- Arrest made after Pippa Middleton's account hacked
- London police say they have arrested a 35-year-old man suspected of hacking the iCloud account of Pippa Middleton, the younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, and stealing 3,000 photographs.
- Yisrael Kristal, oldest man in the world, prepares to celebrate bar mitzvah he missed as a boy
- It's a celebration that usually happens when a Jewish boy turns 13, but Yisrael Kristal never had a chance to have a bar mitzvah when he turned that age in Poland during the First World War, so he's having one 100 years later.