Specials: September 2010 Archives
Monday September 13, 2010
We're proud of everything we put on the air, but there are some pieces that really stand out. From time to time, we feature some of them here.
Shovelling the Rain Away
Justice And The Next Life
Zimbabwe: The Exodus Within
The Plight of the Pygmies
The Marshall Islands
Read more »
Categories: Highlights, Specials
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Crimea election chief reports 95% vote to secede video
- The Crimean election chief has released a statement saying that 95 per cent of voters support joining Russia after half of the ballots were counted. Russian news agency, Interfax, said voter turnout had exceeded 80 per cent.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Satellite 'handshake' may point to plane video
- Finding a missing Malaysia Airlines plane may hinge on whether searchers can narrow down where they need to look using satellite data that is inexact and has never been used for that purpose before, search and rescue experts say.
- New Serbian election goes to ruling party pushing for spot in EU
- The ruling centre-right party that has vowed to overhaul Serbia's struggling economy and push for membership in the European Union wins a landslide victory in a parliamentary vote, according to unofficial results.
- Marty Walsh, Boston's mayor, skips St. Patrick's Day parade over gay rights video
- Boston's Irish-American mayor will not march in the city's St. Patrick's Day parade on Sunday after failing to hammer out a deal with organizers to allow a group of gay and lesbian activists to march openly.
- 6.7-magnitude Chile earthquake triggers coastal evacuation
- A strong 6.7-magnitude earthquake shook Chile's northern Pacific shore Sunday, leading authorities to call for a precautionary evacuation in some coastal areas, but only minor damage was reported.