Monday September 13, 2010
We're proud of everything we put on the air, but there are some pieces that really stand out. From time to time, we feature some of them here.
Shovelling the Rain Away
Justice And The Next Life
Zimbabwe: The Exodus Within
The Plight of the Pygmies
The Marshall Islands
Read more »
Categories: Highlights, Specials
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny arrested during protest
- Police arrested dozens of protesters across Russia on Sunday, including opposition leader Alexei Navalny, after thousands took to the streets to demonstrate against corruption and demand the resignation of Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
- Cincinnati, Ohio nightclub shooting leaves 1 dead, 15 wounded
- Gunfire erupted inside a crowded nightclub in Cincinnati early Sunday, killing a 27-year-old man and wounding more than a dozen other people. The city's mayor predicts a "long process" in solving the crime.
- New Trump, after blaming Democrats, now also faults conservatives for failed health-care bill
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday attacked conservative lawmakers for the failure of the Republican bill to replace Barack Obama's health-care law as his aides pledged to court moderate Democrats on upcoming initiatives from health care to tax cuts.
- Carrie Lam, Beijing's pick, chosen as Hong Kong's leader
- The first woman elected to lead Hong Kong has vowed to heal divisions, but the choice of Carrie Lam as chief executive is unlikely to appease pro-democracy supporters in the semi-autonomous territory.
- Khalid Masood reportedly used WhatsApp minutes before London attack
- British interior minister Amber Rudd said on Sunday end-to-end encryption of messages offered by services like Whatsapp are "completely unacceptable" and there should be no "secret place for terrorists to communicate."