Wednesday July 18, 2012
Here's a chance for you to listen to some of Dispatches' prized pieces, stories that have won us awards over the years:
The Eyes of Rosa and Antonio
Shovelling the Rain Away
Afghanistan's Left Behinds
The Garbage People of Cairo
Scrapping Over Scraps
Gees Bend: The Crossing
Too Many Ways to Die
The Democracy Project
Impeach, Inform And Unite
Who Killed Father One-Speed
To listen to any of these pieces, click belowRead more »
Categories: Award Winners, Highlights, Promo Box
Monday September 27, 2010
A report from Afghanistan that Naheed Mustafa made for Dispatches won a Gold Medal at the New York Radio Awards on September 24.
Shovelling The Rain Away measures progress in Afghanistan toward the political, human rights and humanitarian goals of the allied mission there, leading up to the 2009 elections. Naheed found a glaring dilemma that remains today.
Read more »
Categories: Award Winners
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Iraq government investigating airstrike on mosque that left 13 dead
- Iraqi forces shelled Islamic State positions outside Mosul on Monday as fighting to retake the extremist-held city entered its second week. A rights group, meanwhile, urged a probe into a suspected airstrike last week that mistakenly hit a mosque, killing over a dozen civilians.
- Tom Hayden, Chicago 8 anti-war activist and later a politician, dead at 76
- Tom Hayden, the famed 1960s anti-war activist who moved beyond his notoriety as a Chicago 8 defendant to become a California legislator, author and lecturer, has died. He was 76.
- Sailors abducted 4½ years ago by Somali pirates freed
- Following more than four years in captivity, 26 Asian sailors held hostage by Somali pirates have been rescued from their captors, China's Foreign Ministry confirmed Monday.
- Clinton and Democrats are looking past Trump, focusing on winning House and Senate seats
- Hillary Clinton says she doesn't "even think about responding" to Trump anymore and would instead spend the final weeks on the road "emphasizing the importance of electing Democrats down the ballot" in an effort to help them seize the Senate and chip away at the Republican-controlled House.
- At least 13 killed, dozens injured in California tour bus crash video
- A tour bus crashed into the back of a semi-truck on a southern California highway before dawn on Sunday, killing 13 people and injuring 31, an NBC affiliate reported.