Wednesday July 18, 2012
Here's a chance for you to listen to some of Dispatches' prized pieces, stories that have won us awards over the years:
The Eyes of Rosa and Antonio
Shovelling the Rain Away
Afghanistan's Left Behinds
The Garbage People of Cairo
Scrapping Over Scraps
Gees Bend: The Crossing
Too Many Ways to Die
The Democracy Project
Impeach, Inform And Unite
Who Killed Father One-Speed
To listen to any of these pieces, click belowRead more »
Categories: Award Winners, Highlights, Promo Box
Monday September 27, 2010
A report from Afghanistan that Naheed Mustafa made for Dispatches won a Gold Medal at the New York Radio Awards on September 24.
Shovelling The Rain Away measures progress in Afghanistan toward the political, human rights and humanitarian goals of the allied mission there, leading up to the 2009 elections. Naheed found a glaring dilemma that remains today.
Read more »
Categories: Award Winners
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Syrian 'White Helmets' rescue baby from rubble
- Harrowing pictures of a one-month-old baby girl pulled alive from the rubble of a collapsed building in Idlib, northern Syria, was uploaded online on Friday.
- Jamaica, Cuba and Haiti await powerful Hurricane Matthew
- Hurricane Matthew is expected to reach the eastern part of Jamaica late Sunday or early Monday, but the first effects could be felt today. It became a Category 5 storm overnight, before weakening to a Category 4.
- Legal marijuana brings tax revenue for Denver, but also new expenses audio
- Take note, Toronto: Denver, Colorado is using tax revenue from legal marijuana sales for social good, but regulating sales is a costly new responsibility for the municipal government.
- CBC in Paris Paris mayor's attempt to curb traffic along Seine leaves some commuters fuming
- The Paris mayor's decision to close the right bank of the Seine river to cars as a means of reducing air pollution has left many in the city hyperventilating.
- Trump shames ex-beauty queen for sexual history
- Donald Trump shames a former beauty pageant winner for her sexual history and encouraged Americans to check out what he called her "sex tape," in an early morning tweet storm that drags him further away from his campaign's efforts to broaden its appeal to women.