Highlights: July 2012 Archives
Wednesday July 18, 2012
Here's a chance for you to listen to some of Dispatches' prized pieces, stories that have won us awards over the years:
The Eyes of Rosa and Antonio
Shovelling the Rain Away
Afghanistan's Left Behinds
The Garbage People of Cairo
Scrapping Over Scraps
Gees Bend: The Crossing
Too Many Ways to Die
The Democracy Project
Impeach, Inform And Unite
Who Killed Father One-Speed
To listen to any of these pieces, click belowRead more »
Categories: Award Winners, Highlights, Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- 'Insurance for everybody': Trump vows to improve on Obamacare
- U.S. president-elect Donald Trump aims to replace Obamacare with a plan that would envisage "insurance for everybody," he said in an interview with the Washington Post published on Sunday night.
- Cargo plane crashes into village in Kyrgyzstan, killing at least 37
- A Turkish cargo jet crashed near Kyrgyzstan's Manas airport on Monday, killing at least 37 people, most of them residents of a village struck by the Boeing 747 as it tried to land in dense fog, Kyrgyz officials said.
- Analysis Trump may be inaugurating an era of market failure in economics and ideas: Don Pittis
- The idea that U.S. president-elect Donald Trump can make America great has caused markets to soar. But when truth has become so fragile, can free markets function?
- Samsung Group chief faces arrest, accused of paying millions in bribes
- South Korea's special prosecutors' office said it will seek a warrant to arrest the head of Samsung Group, the country's biggest conglomerate, as a corruption scandal engulfing President Park Geun-hye escalated on Monday.
- Opinion The only skill needed to spin for Trump? A total lack of shame
- They aren’t there to engage in the healthy back-and-forth between government and the press. They’re there to provoke the kind of hysterics that usually end up discrediting the media.