Highlights: July 2012 Archives
Wednesday July 18, 2012
Here's a chance for you to listen to some of Dispatches' prized pieces, stories that have won us awards over the years:
The Eyes of Rosa and Antonio
Shovelling the Rain Away
Afghanistan's Left Behinds
The Garbage People of Cairo
Scrapping Over Scraps
Gees Bend: The Crossing
Too Many Ways to Die
The Democracy Project
Impeach, Inform And Unite
Who Killed Father One-Speed
To listen to any of these pieces, click belowRead more »
Categories: Award Winners, Highlights, Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- At least 9 dead in California warehouse party fire
- At least nine people are dead and about 25 others were unaccounted for after a massive fire broke out during a late-night party in a warehouse in Oakland, California, the city's fire chief said on Saturday.
- CBC IN STANDING ROCK North Dakota pipeline protest about underground leak that will 'ultimately happen' video
- People who live near the proposed Dakota Access Pipeline say they worry it will eventually leak and the underground oil would go undetected, threatening the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's access to clean water from a nearby reservoir of the Missouri River.
- Italians set to vote in high-stakes referendum on constitutional change
- If long-standing supporters of Italy’s Democratic Party are as half as angry at their leader as Ermanno Gizzi, the tenure of the once-promising Prime Minister Matteo Renzi may come to an unceremonious end early next week.
- IAAF congress overwhelmingly backs broad reforms following corruption, doping scandals
- Athletics leaders have overwhelmingly approved broad reforms championed by the sport's president, Sebastian Coe, to turn a corner on reputation-wrecking corruption and doping scandals.
- Taiwan leader's call to Donald Trump 'petty action,' says China
- U.S. President-elect Donald Trump has ruffled feathers in Beijing after breaking with diplomatic protocol by taking a call from the leader of Taiwan.