Highlights: July 2012 Archives
Wednesday July 18, 2012
Here's a chance for you to listen to some of Dispatches' prized pieces, stories that have won us awards over the years:
The Eyes of Rosa and Antonio
Shovelling the Rain Away
Afghanistan's Left Behinds
The Garbage People of Cairo
Scrapping Over Scraps
Gees Bend: The Crossing
Too Many Ways to Die
The Democracy Project
Impeach, Inform And Unite
Who Killed Father One-Speed
To listen to any of these pieces, click belowRead more »
Categories: Award Winners, Highlights, Promo Box
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- PHOTOS California blaze dubbed Erskine wildfire kills 2, destroys 150 homes
- A massive wildfire burning out of control in the foothills of central California has left at least 150 homes in ruins and damaged another 75, officials said on Saturday, warning that more residents may be forced to flee the advancing flames.
- CBC IN COLOMBIA 'I'm filled with joy': Colombians celebrate as dream of peace comes step closer to reality
- Hundreds of people crowd the steps of Museo de Antioquia, Medellín's largest museum. From a distance, they're loud and holding white flags high in the air. But move closer and you see their pure joy. Drums rage. People embrace. A conga line even starts up. They're convinced Colombia's 52-year war is about to end.
- Hotel attack in Somali capital leaves at least 14 dead
- At least 14 people were killed when gunmen stormed a hotel in Somalia's capital and took an unknown number of hotel guests hostage, police and medical workers said Saturday, before security forces hunted down the attackers and ended an hours-long assault.
- Analysis Brexit vote a sign U.K. 'longing for a time and place that never was' video
- The Leave campaign deliberately stirred up anti-immigration anxieties to win the Brexit vote, researchers say. That could spell trouble for other countries considering parting ways with the postwar order in Europe.
- Photos A stunning Brexit, midnight sun baseball and LeBron James: The week in pictures
- From the British exit referendum to the end of Cleveland's championship drought and the longest day of the year, here's the week in pictures for June 18-24.