Highlights: September 2010 Archives
Monday September 13, 2010
We're proud of everything we put on the air, but there are some pieces that really stand out. From time to time, we feature some of them here.
Shovelling the Rain Away
Justice And The Next Life
Zimbabwe: The Exodus Within
The Plight of the Pygmies
The Marshall Islands
Read more »
Categories: Highlights, Specials
Sunday September 12, 2010
Dispatches is well known to champion the radio documentary - a craft where expressions like "people are our pictures" and "sounds are our scenes" are prominent. But we also pay deep respect for the oldest of all dispatches. The letter home. The craft of the written word. Short. To the point. A little personal. Sometimes cheeky.
These radio essays (click "read more" below) spell out timely observations, wrapped in the tone of the voice of the writer. Sometimes a little sound punctuates that.
It's a selection of letters home from (mostly) Canadian correspondents abroad, that we've been happy to feature since Dispatches went to air in 2001.Read more »
Categories: Essays, Highlights
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Is Brexit a sure thing? How the U.K. could still ditch its EU divorce video
- None of the options are particularly enticing, but there's still time for the U.K. to reverse course on its plan to leave the EU.
- CBC IN ISTANBUL Turkey finds itself in the midst of a perfect storm: Nahlah Ayed
- Once a speck of relative calm in a sea of regional turmoil, Turkey is now struggling to protect from and brace for the increasingly violent consequences of living next door to a major war zone.
- New With Boris Johnson out, who will be Britain's next PM?
- Former London mayor Boris Johnson — popular with the public and widely considered a front-runner — rules himself out of the race after the defection of a key ally.
- What would it take for Donald Trump to rip up NAFTA? video
- Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said he would rip up NAFTA if he couldn't renegotiate the deal. If elected, he may find it isn't quite so straightforward.
- Live NASA's Juno could help us understand origins of solar system video
- Juno has the potential to answer questions that have been plaguing the scientific community for decades. NASA gives an update LIVE starting 1 p.m. ET.