Past Episodes: November 2011 Archives
Thursday November 24, 2011
November 24 & 27, 2011: from Dhaka, Bangladesh - Santa, Peru - Jonestown, Guyana - Equatorial Guinea - Mexico City
From our correspondents around the world...
Mourners and coffins at the procession for a mass funeral in rural Peru. Mass graves were recently discovered 19 years after death squads killed tens of thousands in that country. (Photo/Mattia Cabitza)
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)Read more »
Categories: Africa, Americas, Asia, Past Episodes
Thursday November 17, 2011
Gold miners deep underground in South Africa. Tens of thousands them come down with TB and HIV and are sent home to die without treatment. Photo/AP
The preventable epidemic no one's bothering to prevent in South Africa.
American journalism gets a scolding as a Canadian journalist takes a top U.S. award.
Fawzia Koofi wants to be the next president of Afghanistan. Even if it kills her.
A story of selflessness from Somalia, where the only things not destroyed in the long civil war are hope and the sea.
And, all aboard Brazil's graffiti train. Why one of the world's largest mining companies is embracing street art.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)Read more »
Categories: Africa, Americas, Middle East, Past Episodes
Wednesday November 9, 2011
Firefighters work to put out a warehouse fire in Detroit on October 30th, 2011, one they've labelled "suspicious." (Photo/Martine August)
Download the podcast (right click and save target)
Read more »
Categories: Americas, Asia, Europe, Past Episodes
Thursday November 3, 2011
November 3 & 6: from, Syria - Lukango, Democratic Republic of Congo - Berlin - Sudan - Washington - Japan
Syrian demonstrators have been killed in the thousands by their government. They now say they're ready to take up arms. Photo/AP
Inside the Syrian uprising with a correspondent who says the passive protesters are about to start shooting back.
A sinner in China, celebrity abroad. The quiet poet turned enemy of the state, saved from madness by a flute.
Can an eye-in-the-sky stop an atrocity on the ground? We'll look in on the progress of the satellite snooping on Sudan.
Then, from Japan's radioactivity zone, a fisherman's tale of hope and denial.
And in Congo, it takes a village to get anything done, because the government isn't doing anything to improve people's lives.
Download the podcast (right click and save target)Read more »
Categories: Past Episodes
- June 2012
- May 2012
- Wed., 30 – May 31 & June 3: from Kabul, Afghanistan - Lima, Peru - Florence, Italy - Hong Kong - Mumbai, India
- Thu., 10 – May 10 & 13, 2012: from Damascus, Syria - Munich, Germany - Sao Paolo, Brazil - Alabama - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Wed., 2 – May 3 & 6, 2012: from China - Toulouse, France - India - Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Amsterdam
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Thu., 26 – Jan 26 & 29: from Port au Prince, Haiti - Kingston, Jamaica - Butare, Rwanda - Nicaragua - Bas Me Limbe, Haiti
- Wed., 18 – Jan 19 & 22: from Damascus - Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo - Kandahar - Ghana - Lombardi, Italy - Nigeria
- Thu., 12 – Jan 12 & 14, 2012: from East Jerusalem - Dublin - India - Democratic Republic of Congo - Beijing
- Thu., 5 – Jan 5 & 8, 2012: from Amsterdam - Romania - Florence, Italy - Addis Ababa - Punta Allen, Mexico - Ukraine
- December 2011
- November 2011
- Thu., 24 – November 24 & 27, 2011: from Dhaka, Bangladesh - Santa, Peru - Jonestown, Guyana - Equatorial Guinea - Mexico City
- Thu., 17 – November 17 & 20: from South Africa - Afghanistan - Espiritu Santu, Brazil - Mogadishu, Somalia
- Thu., 3 – November 3 & 6: from, Syria - Lukango, Democratic Republic of Congo - Berlin - Sudan - Washington - Japan
- October 2011
- September 2011
- Thu., 29 – September 29, 2011: from, Mumbai, India - Chisinau, Moldova - Loruth, Kenya - Peshawar, Pakistan - Bangladesh
- Thu., 15 – September 15, 2011: from Misrata and Janzur, Libya - Washington, D.C. - Beijing - New York - Kenya/South Sudan border
- Thu., 1 – September 1&4, 2011: from Manila - New York - Quetta, Pakistan - Afghanistan - Grand Forks, North Dakota - Guantanamo Bay, Cuba - Madrid
- August 2011
- July 2011
- Tue., 26 – July 28 & 31: from Kwa Dabekaa, South Africa - Vancouver - Haiti - Zimbabwe - Kolkata, India - New York
- Thu., 21 – July 21 & 24: from Yunnan province, China - Haiti - South Africa - Uljanovsk, Russia - Palermo, Italy
- Thu., 7 – July 7 & 10: from Cape Town, South Africa - Kabul, Afghanistan - Democratic Republic of Congo - Mogadishu, Somalia - Germany
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- Thu., 25 – November 25 & 28: from Afghanistan - Bosnia - Ghana - Zimbabwe - Seoul, South Korea - Manila, the Philippines
- Thu., 18 – November 18 & 21: from Kampala, Uganda - the Thai-Burmese border - Hilversum, Netherlands - Beirut, Lebanon - Dakar, Senegal - Chennai, India - Nanoori, Ghana
- Thu., 4 – November 4 & 7, 2010: from Berlin - Zambia - Mae Sot, Thailand - Hainan province, China - Guca, Serbia
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Hong Kong protests: Communist Party fully behind HK leader, police video
- China warned of "chaos" and threw its weight behind Hong Kong's embattled leader in his face-off with pro-democracy protesters who have threatened to occupy government offices unless he steps down by the end of Thursday.
- Julia Pierson, Secret Service director, resigns amid controversy
- Julia Pierson offered her resignation as director of the Secret Service on Wednesday, a day after she faced grilling on Capitol Hill about security breaches and her leadership. Debate about whether she should step down had been growing in recent weeks following an intruder at the White House.
- Special Report Ebola outbreak sees MSF scale up in Liberia as patients keep coming video
- The UN mission dealing with the Ebola response has set bold goals to try and contain the outbreak, but in Liberia's capital, medical providers like Doctors Without Borders are working flat out just to keep up.
- Analysis Washington Redskins controversy: 3 things you need to know video
- Here are three things to know about the Washington Redskins controversy, and how it may affect the CFL’s Edmonton Eskimos' ability to continue with their moniker.
- Shark attack leaves man seriously injured in Western Australia
- A man was seriously injured in a shark attack along the southern coast of Western Australia on Thursday, officials said.