March 1 & 4, 2012 - from Moscow - Jacmel, Haiti - Sanaa, Yemen - Dharamsala, India - Pakistan
Jean Rody Joseph gets painted with acrylic house paint before going out for carnival in Jacmel, Haiti. The lanse kòd, or the rope-throwers, are the biggest, baddest, and the most menacing on the streets during Carnival. (Photo: Ben Depp)
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)
Russia's current Prime Minister Vladimir Putin speaks at a presidential campaign rally in Moscow in February. Unlike in previous elections, Putin has been forced to interact more with the public and campaign for their votes. (Photo: REUTERS/Alexei Nikolsky/RIA Novosti/Pool)
Children dance at the main stage in Change Square, Sanaa, Yemen - the primary venue for Yemen's protest movement. Protests continue despite a new president, hand-picked by his predecessor. (Photo: Samuel Aranda)
Carnival spectators watch as the lanse kòd pass by on the parade route. Lanse kòd, or the rope-throwers, work out for months to prepare for their menacing role in Jacmel, Haiti's Carnival parade. (Photo: Ben Depp)
Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is co-director and co-producer of Saving Face - which won an Academy award for best short documentary. (Photo/Asad Faruqi - HBO)
Tibetan exiles dressed as Chinese soldiers enact the killing of a Tibetan student during a protest in Dharamsala, India, in January. Tibetans are debating the best way to protest Chinese rule, and whether self-immolation is justified. (Photo: AP/Angus McDonald)
This program is the work of producers Dawna Dingwall, Alison Masemann, and Steve McNally. With technical producers Gary Francis, Nima Shams, and Victor Johnston. Our senior producer is Alan Guettel.
We bring you the world!
Categories: Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Trump slams 'desperate' claims that Russia hacked DNC emails for him
- Donald Trump on Monday dismissed as a "joke" claims by Hillary Clinton's campaign that Russia is trying to help Trump by leaking thousands of emails from the Democratic National Committee.
- Updated 2 dead, 17 injured in Fort Myers, Fla., nightclub shooting
- Gunfire erupted at a nightclub hosting a swimsuit-themed party for teens in Florida, leaving two teens dead and at least 17 other people wounded, officials said Monday.
- Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia starts with huge protests, high temps
- Democrats will open their unity-focused convention in Philadelphia this afternoon amid a fresh political mess involving the party's chairwoman and massive protests being planned.
- Solar-powered plane aloft on final leg of round-the-world flight
- An aircraft powered by solar energy left Egypt on Sunday on the last leg of the first ever fuel-free flight around the globe.
- San Diego's Comic-Con: The latest news, from Justice League to Captain Marvel
- San Diego's Comic-Con proved once again to be a colourful mix of dedicated comic fans, and a treasure trove of upcoming film trailers and new projects in the works.