Middle East: October 2011 Archives
Thursday October 6, 2011
From our correspondents around the world...
It's the "real" Hadeel. The Associated Press reporter found a persistant impersonator went online as her and filed false reports of Western attrocities in Libya. Photo/Twitter
The downside of Twitter for a correspondent in the Middle East - impersonators hijack her identity.
On the road with the bomberos of Guatemala, tending to the casualties of a culture in crisis.
The badlands between Pakistan and Afghanistan - why they're plagued by violence and it will likely get worse.
And, we revisit a heartbreaking homecoming in Argentina, as two torture victims reunite in the hopes of convicting their captors.Read more »
Categories: Americas, Asia, Middle East, Past Episodes
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Taiwan earthquake: Girl pulled out alive 2 days after deadly quake
- Rescuers pulled out an eight-year-old girl alive from the rubble of a Taiwan apartment block on Monday more than 60 hours after it was toppled by an earthquake, as the mayor of the southern city of Tainan warned the death toll could exceed 100.
- Recap Super Bowl 50: Broncos' defence triumphs over Panthers video
- The Denver Broncos took an early lead and never relinquished it as they went on to defeat the Carolina Panthers 24-10 to claim Super Bowl 50 victory.
- Canada to 'respond appropriately' to North Korea rocket launch, says Stéphane Dion video
- The UN Security Council, along with the Canadian government, responded Sunday to North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket by issuing statements strongly condemning the act and pledging to adopt a new resolution with "significant" new sanctions.
- 'Marcobot' Rubio razzed for rote lines in Republican debate video
- U.S. Republican presidential hopeful, Marco Rubio faced online mockery after repeating a similar point over and over and over again at Saturday's Republican debate in New Hampshire.
- Taiwan building toppled by earthquake noted by lender for poor construction video
- A woman who lived in the 17-storey building that collapsed in Saturday's earthquake in Taiwan said she and her husband knew of a bank that had a policy of refusing loans to residents of the high-rise due to poor construction.