Middle East: October 2011 Archives
Thursday October 6, 2011
From our correspondents around the world...
It's the "real" Hadeel. The Associated Press reporter found a persistant impersonator went online as her and filed false reports of Western attrocities in Libya. Photo/Twitter
The downside of Twitter for a correspondent in the Middle East - impersonators hijack her identity.
On the road with the bomberos of Guatemala, tending to the casualties of a culture in crisis.
The badlands between Pakistan and Afghanistan - why they're plagued by violence and it will likely get worse.
And, we revisit a heartbreaking homecoming in Argentina, as two torture victims reunite in the hopes of convicting their captors.Read more »
Categories: Americas, Asia, Middle East, Past Episodes
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Barack Obama says no one more qualified than Hillary Clinton to be president video
- Barack Obama took to the stage for his final Democratic convention as a sitting president, saying he was "more optimistic about the future of America than ever before," and that Hillary Clinton was eminently qualified to be the next U.S. president.
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's missing emails video
- The Republican presidential nominee said that the 30,000 missing emails from Clinton's private email server would reveal "some beauties" and made an extraordinary plea for a foreign power to locate them.
- Obama gives optimistic speech at Democratic National Convention video
- President Barack Obama painted an optimistic picture of America's future in a rousing speech on Wednesday that offered full-hearted support to Hillary Clinton in her campaign to defeat Republican Donald Trump and become the first woman elected U.S. president.
- Why the TPP deal is prompting some Bernie Sanders supporters to be 'ridiculous' video
- Many disgruntled U.S. Democratic Party supporters of Bernie Sanders say their opposition to the TPP deal has emerged as one of the significant reasons they refuse to automatically throw their support behind Hillary Clinton as the party's presidential candidate.
- Second Canadian arrested in Turkey
- Global Affairs Canada says a second Canadian citizen has been detained in Turkey.