Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
The CBC's Middle East correspondent, Margaret Evans.
One of the voices you regularly hear on this program is the CBC's Middle East correspondent Margaret Evans, about to be posted back to London after almost eight tumultuous years based in Jerusalem.
But we couldn't let her go without asking her thoughts about covering one of the most dramatic yet intractable conflicts on earth.
Find out more about the rest of this week's program
Categories: Middle East, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Obama commutes Chelsea Manning's prison sentence video
- U.S. President Barack Obama is commuting the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the former army intelligence analyst who leaked classified documents to WikiLeaks. Her sentence is now set to expire May 17.
- 'We will turn on him so quick': Rust Belt voters who put faith in Trump expect results video
- Donald Trump won the U.S. election by breaking down Hillary Clinton's "blue wall," the handful of Rust Belt states that were considered reliably Democratic but switched over to the Republicans. But as CBC News discovered on a recent trip to Pennsylvania, that support depends heavily on Trump keeping his promise to create jobs.
- Is Mexico getting more dangerous for Canadian tourists?
- The deaths of five people, including a Canadian man, in Monday's nightclub shooting in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, are tragic — but that doesn't mean there's an increased threat against tourists in the popular resort area, according to security specialists.
- Australia defends suspending 'unprecedented' search for MH370 plane
- Australian officials defended their suspension of the fruitless deep-sea sonar search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, insisting on Wednesday that the enormous costs involved played no role in their decision to halt the nearly three-year hunt.
- Inauguration sets tone for presidency — but doesn't always go as planned video
- Nixon had dead pigeons, Jackson had a drunken mob. It's anyone's guess what to expect at Trump's inauguration.