Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
The CBC's Middle East correspondent, Margaret Evans.
One of the voices you regularly hear on this program is the CBC's Middle East correspondent Margaret Evans, about to be posted back to London after almost eight tumultuous years based in Jerusalem.
But we couldn't let her go without asking her thoughts about covering one of the most dramatic yet intractable conflicts on earth.
Find out more about the rest of this week's program
Categories: Middle East, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- CBC IN LONDON After a nightmare attack, the resilience of Londoners resurfaces video
- Just as surely as a lone attacker would eventually evade London’s security services and 24-hour surveillance, London was bound to recover quickly when it did happen. Once the initial horror was over, the resilience that comes with living for years with a severe threat of attack resurfaced.
- Updated U.K. attacker was British-born, had been investigated for 'violent extremism' video
- The man who killed three people including a police officer and injured many others outside Britain's Parliament on Wednesday was British-born and had been investigated by British intelligence "some years ago," said Prime Minister Theresa May.
- Analysis Ivanka Trump's White House role: Ethics concerns collide with hope for a 'moderating' voice
- Ivanka Trump will soon have access to state secrets, her own office in the West Wing and nobody official to answer to regarding her ethics. If she can be a "moderating" influence, though, some appear willing to give her a pass.
- Photos 'They destroyed us': Mosul residents on life under ISIS occupation
- CBC News recently spent a week in the Iraqi city of Mosul, speaking to residents about what it was like living under the world's most feared terrorist group.
- Looking back on Chuck Barris's career: 'He turned the cameras back on real people'
- Chuck Barris's trio of hit game shows — The Dating Game, The Newlywed Game and The Gong Show — have had a lasting legacy, paving the way for countless dating shows and reality competitions.