Jerusalem...covering the never-ending story
The CBC's Middle East correspondent, Margaret Evans.
One of the voices you regularly hear on this program is the CBC's Middle East correspondent Margaret Evans, about to be posted back to London after almost eight tumultuous years based in Jerusalem.
But we couldn't let her go without asking her thoughts about covering one of the most dramatic yet intractable conflicts on earth.
Find out more about the rest of this week's program
Categories: Middle East, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Istanbul death toll climbs to 41, at least 1 Canadian among injured video
- Investigators are working to determine who was behind the triple suicide blasts at Istanbul's busy Ataturk International Airport that killed 41 people and wounded 239. CBC News has learned at least one Canadian is among the injured.
- Analysis Global markets oversold unless Brexit is a sign of something worse: Don Pittis
- Market signs show that cooler heads may be prevailing on Brexit. But a much more disruptive crisis may only be diverted by a new political economy in Britain and elsewhere.
- CBC IN PHILIPPINES Police begin 'aggressively implementing' war on criminals
- The crackdown to rid the Philippines of criminals, small-time and big-time, began even before the man who promised it, president-elect Rodrigo Duterte, took office.
- Donald Trump says he would reconsider NAFTA, opt out of TPP pact
- Donald Trump called for a new era of economic "Americanism" Tuesday, promising to restore millions of lost factory jobs by backing away from decades of U.S. policy that encouraged trade with other nations — a move that could undermine the country's place as the dominant player in the global economy.
- Photos Inside the 'mosquito factory' aiming to eliminate Zika
- Considered the world's largest mosquito factory, this U.S.-Chinese project raises millions of male mosquitos for research that could prove key to the race to prevent the spread of Zika virus.