Middle East: December 2010 Archives
Wednesday December 1, 2010
Follow us on Twitter! @cbcdispatches
Israeli M.K. Danny Danon favours more laws to compel non Jews to swear loyalty to the Jewish State.
Is it racism or real politik? Why Israel's loyalty oath upsets Jews and Arabs alike.
As China goes, so goes the world: The author of a new book warns Chinese consumers are transforming everything.
Kidnap radio: So many are held hostage in Colombia their families have their own radio program. Our correspondent's father was one of them.
One-legged bandits? Afghanistan's war-wounded set up a roadside pension plan, though some might call it extortion.
Rikileaks: Rick dishes some diplomatic indiscretions you won't find in Wikileaks.
Listen to the podcast To download, right click -- then select "save target as"
Or listen to the broadcast...
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Asia, Middle East, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- 2 Canadians among 5 dead after Mexican nightclub shooting video
- Two Canadians, an Italian and a Colombian are among five people dead following a shooting and stampede at a nightclub during an electronic music festival in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, early Monday, authorities say.
- Trump calls Brexit 'great,' slams Germany's migrant policy
- U.S. president-elect Donald Trump says the U.K. was "so smart" for deciding to leave the European Union, and he believes other countries will follow Britain's lead.
- Cargo plane crashes into village in Kyrgyzstan, killing at least 37 video
- A Turkish cargo jet crashed near Kyrgyzstan's Manas airport on Monday, killing at least 37 people, most of them residents of a village struck by the Boeing 747 as it tried to land in dense fog, Kyrgyz officials said.
- British pound drops to lowest since 1985 as Theresa May to outline Brexit plan
- The British pound falls to its lowest since 1985 after speculation ramps up that British Prime Minister Theresa May will lay out her plans for a so-called "hard Brexit" from the EU to European lawmakers tomorrow.
- Samsung Group chief faces arrest, accused of paying millions in bribes
- South Korea's special prosecutors' office said it will seek a warrant to arrest the head of Samsung Group, the country's biggest conglomerate, as a corruption scandal engulfing President Park Geun-hye escalated on Monday.