Middle East: May 2010 Archives
Thursday May 27, 2010
Get rich or die trying," says the man in Zimbabwe with illegal diamonds to sell. Our correspondent hears there's more death to go 'round than dollars.
What's wrong with Hamid Karzai, and can the Afghan president be fixed? Some answers from a soldier and a former diplomat who've seen his work up close.
For cocaine possession Amir Amma went away for 25-to-life, a sentence more fit for a murderer. But times are changing in New York, and so is he.
And, the suicide-catcher of Nanjing. Why does a man devote his life to stopping people trying to end theirs? Maybe he's saving his own.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Asia, Middle East, Past Episodes
Thursday May 13, 2010
Al-Jazeera comes to Canada. Should we take umbrage, or a valium?
A Mexican mine and a mysterious murder that reaches all the way to Canada.
A postcard from the politest people on earth. Why the Dogon of Mali just have to stop and chat.
And, the policies of the late Mao Zedong were fatal for a lot of people. So why are they being revived in parts of China?
Listen to this week's showRead more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Middle East, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Hillary Clinton makes history with Democratic presidential nomination video
- Hillary Clinton says Democrats "just put the biggest crack in that glass ceiling" on the night of her presidential nomination.
- Attacker who killed French priest had been monitored after planned Syria trip video
- French President François Hollande is vowing to win his country's war against terrorism after attackers slit a priest's throat in an attack on a Normandy church.
- British Council employee attacks Prince George's 'white privilege' on Facebook
- A 52-year-old British Council employee is in hot water this week for allegedly slamming the eldest son of Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, for his "cheeky grin" and "white privilege" on Facebook.
- Bill Clinton outlines Hillary's journey in keynote speech at Democratic convention video
- Former president Bill Clinton portrayed his wife Hillary Clinton on Tuesday as a dynamic force for change and a longtime fighter for social justice as he made a case for her historic 2016 bid for the White House.
- Analysis Full Olympic ban on Russia never had a chance
- In the wake of the latest investigation into widespread, state-sponsored doping by Russian athletes, many figured the IOC had a slam-dunk decision on its hands. But banning an entire country from the Olympics would have been easier said than done.