Middle East: February 2010 Archives
Thursday February 25, 2010
In the L.A. neighbourhood of Watts, Miss Ware and Miss Williams have spent decades helping black kids find a bright future.
In Zimbabwe though, Robert Mugabe is rounding out his regime's 30 years, making sure the country has a bleak one.
Then there's Tajikistan. Our guest says it's The Sopranos run by Fred Flintstone. But too important to ignore.
Our correspondent goes for gold in the Defend-Canada-From-The-British-Media Olympics. It's no place for false starts.
And, most press clubs are more about single malts than multiple dangers. We'll hear why Afghanistan's is so different.
Listen to Part 1
Listen to Part 2
Click here to listen to the individual Dispatches.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
Thursday February 18, 2010
How an obscure political party managed to persuade the Swiss public to ban minarets from mosques. Wait till you hear what they're working on next.
Operation Moshtarak is rolling over southern Afghanistan. But has NATO got the target wrong?
Pop a pill, kill a tree. We revisit the drug trade that's damaging the forests of southeast Asia.
And, the trouble with paradise; how Jamaica's turbulent past still shapes its troubled future.
Listen to part 1
Listen to part 2
Click here to listen to the individual DispatchesRead more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Video Income tax, ISIS facts and 'stamina': Key Clinton-Trump debate moments video
- Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican nominee Donald Trump engaged in their first one-on-one debate Monday night at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y. Here are some of the key moments from the highly-anticipated showdown.
- CBC IN PARIS 'Back to the street': France's unimagined and unimaginable migrant crisis
- One hundred thousand asylum seekers have made their way to France in 2016, a country now playing catchup with what some say was a foreseeable crisis, Michelle Gagnon writes from Paris.
- Analysis The 'change' candidate can't change his ways in 1st debate video
- Everyone, even Donald Trump, knew Hillary Clinton would try to get under his skin and lure him off message and down the rabbit hole of his vanity, and yet the Republican candidate couldn't resist the bait for the entire duration of Monday's debate.
- Most people worldwide breathe polluted air, WHO warns
- Ninety-two per cent of people live in areas where air quality exceeds WHO limits, with southeast Asia, eastern Mediterranean and western Pacific regions hardest hit.
- New NYC house explodes after firefighters find apparent drug lab
- Firefighters responding to a report of a gas leak discover what appears to be a drug lab right before the New York City house explodes.