Middle East: February 2010 Archives
Thursday February 25, 2010
In the L.A. neighbourhood of Watts, Miss Ware and Miss Williams have spent decades helping black kids find a bright future.
In Zimbabwe though, Robert Mugabe is rounding out his regime's 30 years, making sure the country has a bleak one.
Then there's Tajikistan. Our guest says it's The Sopranos run by Fred Flintstone. But too important to ignore.
Our correspondent goes for gold in the Defend-Canada-From-The-British-Media Olympics. It's no place for false starts.
And, most press clubs are more about single malts than multiple dangers. We'll hear why Afghanistan's is so different.
Listen to Part 1
Listen to Part 2
Click here to listen to the individual Dispatches.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
Thursday February 18, 2010
How an obscure political party managed to persuade the Swiss public to ban minarets from mosques. Wait till you hear what they're working on next.
Operation Moshtarak is rolling over southern Afghanistan. But has NATO got the target wrong?
Pop a pill, kill a tree. We revisit the drug trade that's damaging the forests of southeast Asia.
And, the trouble with paradise; how Jamaica's turbulent past still shapes its troubled future.
Listen to part 1
Listen to part 2
Click here to listen to the individual DispatchesRead more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- 'Sometimes they're poignant moments': inauguration day transfers between presidents video
- Before he takes the oath of office Friday, Donald Trump will sit down with President Barack Obama for a traditional tea-or-coffee meeting and share a carpool ride to the Capitol — quaint rituals for two men with such a long, public rivalry.
- Avalanche buries Italian hotel, up to 30 missing
- A huge avalanche ploughed into a luxury mountain hotel in central Italy after a series of strong earthquakes rattled the area, and up to 30 people might be buried under the snow, officials said on Thursday.
- Iran says 30 Tehran firefighters killed as burning highrise collapses
- A high-rise building in Tehran engulfed by a fire collapsed on Thursday, killing at least 30 firefighters and injuring roughly 75 people, state media reported.
- CBC IN MEXICO Attack on prosecutor investigating nightclub shooting further erodes Cancun's reputation for safety video
- A violent attack in Cancun, Mexico, has further undermined the area's reputation as a peaceful idyll amid the turbulence of Mexico's drug war.
- Hundreds of Congolese rebels have fled military camp in Uganda
- Hundreds of members of a Congolese rebel group have fled a military camp where they had been awaiting amnesty since the signing of a peace deal with Congo's government in 2013, Uganda's government said Thursday.