Middle East: November 2009 Archives
Thursday November 19, 2009
Elections coming. Americans leaving. Tensions rising. A view from the barricades in Iraq.
From the land behind God's back, meet the burnesh of the Balkans: women who lead their lives as men.
A year since the Mumbai attacks some wounds have healed, but life for one survivor has never been the same.
Israel's military culture helps make its economy the start-up capital of the world.
And, India's tired of losing. Listen to its plan for dominating the world of international sports.
Listen to Part One
Listen to Part Two
Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- California firefighters battle fast-spreading blaze near Los Angeles
- A wildfire that destroyed 18 homes has surged back to unpredictable life, darkening the skies north of Los Angeles with black smoke and driving thousands from their homes.
- CBC IN PHILADELPHIA Sanders voters feel vindicated by leaked emails showing 'rigged' system video
- Democrats arrived in Philadelphia for their convention amid drama that Bernie Sanders supporters say adds fuel to their fire. Leaked emails that were hacked from the DNC prove party officials favoured Hillary Clinton, they say.
- 7 Russian swimmers banned from Rio Olympics
- Swimming governing body FINA has ruled seven Russian swimmers ineligible to compete at the Olympics, including three it says were linked to recent allegations of a major doping coverup by Russian authorities.
- Photos Bernie Sanders supporters rally at Democratic National Convention
- Supporters of Hillary Clinton's former rival, Bernie Sanders, converged Sunday in Philadelphia, the site of this week's Democratic National Convention.
- New Zealand aims to wipe out predators by 2050
- New Zealand has unveiled a plan kill off every last rat, possum and stoat in the country in order to save kiwis and other birds threatened by the egg-eating predators.