Middle East: November 2009 Archives
Thursday November 19, 2009
Elections coming. Americans leaving. Tensions rising. A view from the barricades in Iraq.
From the land behind God's back, meet the burnesh of the Balkans: women who lead their lives as men.
A year since the Mumbai attacks some wounds have healed, but life for one survivor has never been the same.
Israel's military culture helps make its economy the start-up capital of the world.
And, India's tired of losing. Listen to its plan for dominating the world of international sports.
Listen to Part One
Listen to Part Two
Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- In commuting Chelsea Manning, Obama's last acts of mercy a display of 'absolute' power video
- None of the more than 230 convicted felons to have received pardons or commuted sentences from U.S. President Barack Obama will lose their newfound clemency.
- CBC IN MEXICO Attack on prosecutor investigating nightclub shooting further erodes Cancun's reputation for safety video
- A violent attack in Cancun, Mexico, has further undermined the area's reputation as a peaceful idyll amid the turbulence of Mexico's drug war.
- CBC IN IRAN Iranians size up Trump with cautious curiosity
- A short drive from Tehran's imposing "Down with the U.S.A." mural, a small bookstore is doing a brisk business selling books by Donald Trump. As Nahlah Ayed reports, some Iranians eager to learn more about the president-elect are having to start with his get-rich books.
- World temperatures hit new high in 2016 for 3rd year in row
- From unprecedented highs in India to ice melt in the Arctic, the heat is creeping closer to a ceiling set for global warming.
- Gambians, tourists flee country as president clings to power and troops line the borders
- After more than two decades in power, Gambian President Yahya Jammeh faces the prospect of a military intervention by regional forces, as the man who once pledged to rule the West African nation for a billion years clings to power.