Middle East: November 2009 Archives
Thursday November 19, 2009
Elections coming. Americans leaving. Tensions rising. A view from the barricades in Iraq.
From the land behind God's back, meet the burnesh of the Balkans: women who lead their lives as men.
A year since the Mumbai attacks some wounds have healed, but life for one survivor has never been the same.
Israel's military culture helps make its economy the start-up capital of the world.
And, India's tired of losing. Listen to its plan for dominating the world of international sports.
Listen to Part One
Listen to Part Two
Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Philippines says Trump invited Duterte to White House
- U.S. President Donald Trump has called Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte and expressed his interest in developing "a warm working relationship," according to a Filipino official.
- Venezuela vegetable brigades battle predicted 1,000% rise in food prices
- To combat Venezuela's massive food crisis, members of collectives pool their money and buy in bulk directly from farmers.
- Indivisible: The new left-wing movement modelled on the right
- The Indivisible movement is working at the local level to disrupt the White House by taking a page from the Tea Party playbook.
- On Day 100, Trump slams 'fake news' media at Pennsylvania rally video
- U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday issued a scathing attack on the national news media at a Pennsylvania rally he organized for the same evening the White House Correspondents' Association hosts its annual dinner.
- 'Explosive device blast' kills U.S. service member in Mosul video
- A U.S. service member in Iraq was killed Saturday by an explosive device outside Mosul, according to a statement released by the Pentagon.