Middle East: November 2009 Archives
Thursday November 19, 2009
Elections coming. Americans leaving. Tensions rising. A view from the barricades in Iraq.
From the land behind God's back, meet the burnesh of the Balkans: women who lead their lives as men.
A year since the Mumbai attacks some wounds have healed, but life for one survivor has never been the same.
Israel's military culture helps make its economy the start-up capital of the world.
And, India's tired of losing. Listen to its plan for dominating the world of international sports.
Listen to Part One
Listen to Part Two
Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 30 – March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – The screwy Saudi security syndrome
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Mon., 14 – Addis Ababa...renting the news of revolution
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- 1 officer, 2 civilians dead in Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting video
- Three people were killed and nine others injured after gunfire ripped through a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colo., during an hours-long standoff that unfolded Friday afternoon.
- Laquan McDonald death: 3 arrested as groups protesting teen's killing block stores
- Chicago police say three people have been arrested during demonstrations along the city's high-end shopping district on Black Friday to draw attention to the police shooting of a black teenager.
- Turkish President Erdogan warns Russia not to 'play with fire' over downing of warplane
- Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan warned Russia on Friday not to "play with fire", citing reports Turkish businessmen had been detained in Russia, while Moscow said it would suspend visa-free travel with Turkey.
- Chicago boy shot in alley was targeted by gang members, say police
- A Chicago man was charged with first-degree murder Friday in connection with the slaying of a 9-year-old boy who police say was lured from a playground and shot in the head because of his father's gang ties.
- France's National Front leader calls Canada's refugee plan 'madness'
- In an interview with the fifth estate's Mark Kelley, France's far-right National Front leader says Canada is playing with danger by potentially allowing militants to slip through as refugees.