Europe: February 2012 Archives
Wednesday February 29, 2012
Jean Rody Joseph gets painted with acrylic house paint before going out for carnival in Jacmel, Haiti. The lanse kòd, or the rope-throwers, are the biggest, baddest, and the most menacing on the streets during Carnival. (Photo: Ben Depp)
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)Read more »
Categories: Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
Wednesday February 8, 2012
CBC Correspondent Derek Stoffel talks with a group of Syrian refugees living at a camp at the Turkey/Syria border. (Photo: CBC)
Egyptians may be divided over military rule but the army's not going anywhere soon. We'll hear why its influence is too deep to deny.
In Kazahkstan, nobody grows very old in the villages near a former nuclear test site now being considered for commercial farming.
CBC News enters the Syrian refugee camps in Turkey, where exiles exist on a diet of defiance and division.
In India, cheap handmade cigarettes may have health risks but they're going global anyway.
And, the life of Brian: how a guy from Brooklyn found his muse in the music of Africa.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)
Read more »
Categories: Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- Wed., 30 – May 31 & June 3: from Kabul, Afghanistan - Lima, Peru - Florence, Italy - Hong Kong - Mumbai, India
- Thu., 10 – May 10 & 13, 2012: from Damascus, Syria - Munich, Germany - Sao Paolo, Brazil - Alabama - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Wed., 2 – May 3 & 6, 2012: from China - Toulouse, France - India - Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Amsterdam
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Wed., 29 – Guca, Serbia: brass bands and nationalism
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Donations pour into Planned Parenthood thanks to Mike Pence
- Donations to Planned Parenthood surged in the month since the U.S. election as supporters of the health care and abortion provider try to make a point — many of them making their donations in the name of incoming vice-president Mike Pence.
- Analysis It may be 'foolish' to ignore Trump's tweets, even when they look like 'fluff'
- Everything the U.S. president-elect does, says and writes now matters. Unless it doesn't, say media critics, amid a debate over whether the world can afford to tune out tweets by Donald Trump.
- Nearly 150 patients evacuated from east Aleppo
- Nearly 150 civilians, most disabled or in need of urgent medical care, are evacuated from a hospital in Aleppo's Old City, the first major evacuation from the eastern sector.
- 6.5-magnitude quake rolls through northern California town
- Shock waves from a 6.5 magnitude earthquake that struck off the north coast of California this morning rolled through a nearby coastal town like waves under a boat, residents say.
- Giraffes threatened by extinction, put on watch list video
- The giraffe, the tallest land animal, is now at risk of extinction, biologists say.