Europe: February 2012 Archives
Wednesday February 29, 2012
Jean Rody Joseph gets painted with acrylic house paint before going out for carnival in Jacmel, Haiti. The lanse kòd, or the rope-throwers, are the biggest, baddest, and the most menacing on the streets during Carnival. (Photo: Ben Depp)
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)Read more »
Categories: Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
Wednesday February 8, 2012
CBC Correspondent Derek Stoffel talks with a group of Syrian refugees living at a camp at the Turkey/Syria border. (Photo: CBC)
Egyptians may be divided over military rule but the army's not going anywhere soon. We'll hear why its influence is too deep to deny.
In Kazahkstan, nobody grows very old in the villages near a former nuclear test site now being considered for commercial farming.
CBC News enters the Syrian refugee camps in Turkey, where exiles exist on a diet of defiance and division.
In India, cheap handmade cigarettes may have health risks but they're going global anyway.
And, the life of Brian: how a guy from Brooklyn found his muse in the music of Africa.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)
Read more »
Categories: Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- Wed., 30 – May 31 & June 3: from Kabul, Afghanistan - Lima, Peru - Florence, Italy - Hong Kong - Mumbai, India
- Thu., 10 – May 10 & 13, 2012: from Damascus, Syria - Munich, Germany - Sao Paolo, Brazil - Alabama - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Wed., 2 – May 3 & 6, 2012: from China - Toulouse, France - India - Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Amsterdam
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Wed., 29 – Guca, Serbia: brass bands and nationalism
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Russian navy vessel sinks after collision off Turkey
- A Russian navy ship sinks after colliding with a Togo-flagged vessel off the Turkish coast.
- CBC IN MANILA 'Democracy as we know it is dead': Filipino journalists fight fake news video
- The bogus stories that pollute the internet in the Philippines are startling in their venom, frequency and sometimes clumsy attempts to look real, writes Adrienne Arsenault.
- Analysis 'America Last': A dangerous reaction to Trump's trade bullying: Don Pittis
- The U.S. president's irrational tirades against Canadian lumber, dairy and energy seem part of a strategy to alienate U.S. trade allies. If so, there are signs it is working.
- Israel strikes Iran-supplied arms depot near Damascus video
- Israel strikes an arms supply hub operated by the Lebanese group Hezbollah near the Damascus airport, Syrian rebel and regional intelligence sources said, targeting weapons sent from Iran via commercial and military cargo planes.
- United Airlines to offer up to $10K US to bumped passengers
- United Airlines said on Thursday it would offer passengers who volunteer to forfeit their seats on overbooked flights up to $10,000 US as part of the carrier's efforts to repair the damage from the rough removal of a passenger.