Europe: February 2012 Archives
Wednesday February 29, 2012
Jean Rody Joseph gets painted with acrylic house paint before going out for carnival in Jacmel, Haiti. The lanse kòd, or the rope-throwers, are the biggest, baddest, and the most menacing on the streets during Carnival. (Photo: Ben Depp)
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)Read more »
Categories: Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
Wednesday February 8, 2012
CBC Correspondent Derek Stoffel talks with a group of Syrian refugees living at a camp at the Turkey/Syria border. (Photo: CBC)
Egyptians may be divided over military rule but the army's not going anywhere soon. We'll hear why its influence is too deep to deny.
In Kazahkstan, nobody grows very old in the villages near a former nuclear test site now being considered for commercial farming.
CBC News enters the Syrian refugee camps in Turkey, where exiles exist on a diet of defiance and division.
In India, cheap handmade cigarettes may have health risks but they're going global anyway.
And, the life of Brian: how a guy from Brooklyn found his muse in the music of Africa.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)
Read more »
Categories: Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- Wed., 30 – May 31 & June 3: from Kabul, Afghanistan - Lima, Peru - Florence, Italy - Hong Kong - Mumbai, India
- Thu., 10 – May 10 & 13, 2012: from Damascus, Syria - Munich, Germany - Sao Paolo, Brazil - Alabama - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Wed., 2 – May 3 & 6, 2012: from China - Toulouse, France - India - Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Amsterdam
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Wed., 29 – Guca, Serbia: brass bands and nationalism
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Charlotte police release videos of Keith Scott's fatal shooting video
- Charlotte, N.C., police have released body and dashboard camera footage of the shooting of a black man after several days of demonstrations that have coalesced around demands that the public see the videos. The footage did not show whether Keith Lamont Scott was holding a gun.
- Nearly 2M people without running water as fighting escalates in Aleppo
- Syrian government forces captured a rebel-held area on the edge of Aleppo on Saturday, and nearly two million people were without running water following an escalation in fighting over the past few days.
- Border guards 'on high alert' in case suspect in deadly Seattle-area shooting tries to enter Canada
- A massive manhunt was underway Saturday for a gunman authorities said opened fire inside a Macy's store at a mall north of Seattle, killing five people. Security footage shows that he did not have a weapon when he arrived at the mall 10 minutes earlier.
- Pippa Middleton's account hacked, thousands of photos stolen
- London police say they are investigating the reported hacking of the iCloud account of Pippa Middleton, younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, and the alleged theft of 3,000 photographs.
- 2 injured in Budapest blast
- Hungary's disaster management agency says that two people have been injured in an explosion at a ground-floor shop in downtown Budapest and have been taken to a hospital.