Europe: November 2011 Archives
Wednesday November 9, 2011
Firefighters work to put out a warehouse fire in Detroit on October 30th, 2011, one they've labelled "suspicious." (Photo/Martine August)
Haitian justice on trial as prison guards stand accused of a jailhouse massacre.
Detroit's better angels pull it through the fires of Devil's Night but need a miracle to end the decline at its core.
Sex, murder and the fungus trade. Nepal's got a problem like you won't believe.
The U.S. Navy is going green, one ship at a time, because saving energy is saving lives.
Ben Hur returns to Rome, but does a blockbuster film make for blockbuster theatre?
Download the podcast (right click and save target)
Read more »
Categories: Americas, Asia, Europe, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- Wed., 30 – May 31 & June 3: from Kabul, Afghanistan - Lima, Peru - Florence, Italy - Hong Kong - Mumbai, India
- Thu., 10 – May 10 & 13, 2012: from Damascus, Syria - Munich, Germany - Sao Paolo, Brazil - Alabama - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Wed., 2 – May 3 & 6, 2012: from China - Toulouse, France - India - Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Amsterdam
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Wed., 29 – Guca, Serbia: brass bands and nationalism
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Taiwan earthquake kills 11, traps others in collapsed 17-storey building video
- Rescuers are racing to find survivors after a powerful, shallow earthquake struck southern Taiwan, killing at least 11 people and causing the collapse of a high-rise residential complex.
- CBC IN NEW HAMPSHIRE Hillary Clinton 'an underdog' in New Hampshire where voters 'Feel the Bern'
- Hillary Clinton barely beat Bernie Sanders in Iowa and now she trails him in New Hampshire as Tuesday's primary approaches. Her supporters say they don't trust the polls and predict it will be a close result. Both candidates have a lot at stake and are campaigning hard in the final days.
- Q&A with Gwenda Blair: Trump biographer on the billionaire's uncanny knack for landing on top
- Few people have studied Trump as closely as Gwenda Blair. The Chicago-based investigative journalist wrote the definitive portrait of the billionaire and his family back in 2000. It was updated and re-issued this past December. CBC News interviewed her this week over the phone.
- Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, 6th man to walk on moon, dead at 85
- Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, who became the sixth man on the moon when he and Alan Shepard helped NASA recover from Apollo 13's "successful failure" and later devoted his life to exploring the mind, physics and unexplained phenomena such as psychics and aliens, has died in Florida. He was 85.
- Toronto bride escorted to wedding by N.Y. firefighter after crane collapse
- Many brides cope with surprises on their wedding day, but Nesh Pillay was in for a doozy.