Europe: September 2011 Archives
Thursday September 29, 2011
September 29, 2011: from, Mumbai, India - Chisinau, Moldova - Loruth, Kenya - Peshawar, Pakistan - Bangladesh
From our correspondents around the world...
Oxfam staffer gives out cash to a famine victim in Kenya. An aid solution that can have problems. Photo/Anjali Nayar
Pay Day: Desperate times call for unusual measures to combat the drought in Kenya.
After years of being named and shamed, is the RCMP cracking down on Canadian corruption overseas?
Al Qaeda then and now, from the Pakistani journalist who had rare access to both of its leaders.
Broken sidewalks, broken lives. Why nobody dares write the story of modern-day Moldova.
and, Indian bling: diamonds are the new gold.
Read more »
Categories: Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Wed., 29 – Guca, Serbia: brass bands and nationalism
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis Hillary Clinton hails SCOTUS ruling as win for 'safe, legal' abortion
- Hillary Clinton's shift on abortion: from "safe, legal and rare" to "safe and legal. What leaving out that one word signals about the presumptive Democratic nominee's changing views, and the changing political landscape.
- Global markets show some signs of life after Brexit doldrums video
- World stock benchmarks stabilized Tuesday after days of stomach-churning swings as investors started shaking off the jitters from Britain's vote to quit the European Union and its messy aftermath.
- Elizabeth Warren stumps for Hillary Clinton for 1st time in campaign
- Liberal Elizabeth Warren attacked Republican Donald Trump on Monday during her first campaign appearance with U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, calling him an "insecure money grubber" who is driven by greed and hate.
- Judge approves settlement in Happy Birthday song copyright case
- A judge has approved a settlement that will put the Happy Birthday to You song in the public domain. It ends the ownership claims of Warner/Chappell Music, the music publishing company that has been collecting royalties on the song for years.
- Live NASA tests booster for world's most powerful rocket video
- NASA will be firing up a booster for the world's most powerful rocket for its last ground test before it launches the Orion spacecraft on a 2018 test flight. Watch the coverage LIVE, leading up to the test at 11:05 a.m. ET.