This Is Not America
CBC correspondent Neil Macdonald
This is part of the July 7 Dispatches In The Summer program.
It's from a 90-minute special called The Dispatches Soundtrax Edition -- a collection of musical moments from our correspondents around the world. Listen to all three parts of it.
Categories: Europe, News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Breitbart urges readers to boycott Kellogg after ads pulled
- Breitbart News, the conservative U.S. news and opinion website known for its vociferous support of president-elect Donald Trump, is calling on readers to boycott Kellogg food products after the company pulled advertising from the website.
- CBC IN STANDING ROCK North Dakota pipeline protest garners support from U.S. veterans video
- A long-running pipeline protest in North Dakota is seeing a spike in support from U.S. veterans, who are travelling to the remote camp. Matthew Crane — a navy veteran who says he's willing to "act as a barrier" between protesters and police if needed — is one of them.
- Updated Canadian couple among 13 killed in Tennessee wildfires
- Canadians Jon and Janet Tegler were among the 13 people killed when wildfires tore through parts of Tennessee this week, according local officials in Gatlinburg.
- Iran accuses U.S. of violating nuclear deal
- Iran's Foreign Ministry said on Friday that the U.S. Senate's vote to extend sanctions against the Islamic Republic for 10 years violated a historic nuclear deal reached between the country and six major powers in 2015.
- Retired general gets Trump's nomination for defence secretary
- President-elect Donald Trump said Thursday he will nominate retired Gen. James Mattis to be his defence secretary, making the announcement during a post-election victory rally in Cincinnati.