This Is Not America
CBC correspondent Neil Macdonald
This is part of the July 7 Dispatches In The Summer program.
It's from a 90-minute special called The Dispatches Soundtrax Edition -- a collection of musical moments from our correspondents around the world. Listen to all three parts of it.
Categories: Europe, News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- ISIS fighting near Fallujah creates 'dire situation' video
- Islamic State fighters halted an Iraqi army assault on the city of Fallujah with a counter-attack at its southern gates on Tuesday, while the United Nations warned of peril for civilians trapped in the city and used by militants as human shields.
- Donald Trump spells out charitable gifts, veterans demand apology
- Presumptive Republican U.S. presidential nominee Donald Trump today gave the names of dozens of charities that he said received millions of dollars from his fundraising efforts earlier this year for causes helping veterans.
- WHO updates Zika virus warning to wait at least 8 weeks before trying to conceive
- The UN health agency says sexual transmission of Zika is more common than first thought, so its updated advice to women who have been in areas hit by the virus tells them to wait even longer to conceive.
- Mexican soccer player overpowers kidnapper to escape
- Soccer forward Alan Pulido overpowers a kidnapper, frees himself and calls police for help, in a dramatic tale that shows how tough the professional player is, or how incompetent his abductors were.
- Texas river flooding forces evacuations, claims 6 lives
- Residents of some rural southeastern Texas counties braced for more flooding Tuesday along a river that had reached a record-high crest just two years after it had run dry in places because of drought.