This Is Not America
CBC correspondent Neil Macdonald
This is part of the July 7 Dispatches In The Summer program.
It's from a 90-minute special called The Dispatches Soundtrax Edition -- a collection of musical moments from our correspondents around the world. Listen to all three parts of it.
Categories: Europe, News Promo, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- U.S. urges new sanctions on North Korea
- The U.S. calls for new sanctions on North Korea and threatens to punish international companies doing banned business with the pariah nation's nuclear and missile programs.
- Congress averts U.S. government shutdown
- With just hours to spare, the U.S. Congress easily approves a short-term spending bill that prevents a partial federal shutdown over the weekend.
- Israel plans 15,000 more settlement homes in East Jerusalem
- Israel intends to build 15,000 new settlement homes in East Jerusalem, according to its Housing Ministry, despite U.S. President Donald Trump's request to "hold back" on settlements as part of a possible new push for Israeli-Palestinian peace.
- Trump signs order to expand drilling in Arctic, Atlantic oceans
- Working to dismantle his predecessor's environmental legacy, President Donald Trump has signed an executive order Friday that could lead to the expansion of drilling in the Arctic and Atlantic oceans.
- British police say they've foiled active terrorist plot video
- British police said on Friday they had thwarted an active terrorism plot after a woman was shot during an armed raid on a house in north London.