Glasgow...Rangers/Celtic matches - no hate songs here!
Confrontation between fans of Glasgow's Rangers and Celtic football clubs have been ugly for more than a century. It takes hundreds of cops to keep them apart, and enforce the new ban on anti-Catholic songs -- such as No Pope Of Rome and The Famine Song.
Maria Bakkalapulo, at the match in Rangers Stadium
Categories: Europe, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Clinton vs. Trump: Clashing debate-prep styles hint at sharp contrasts on stage video
- Tonight's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton could be a study in personality clashes. It’s also a test of two opposing preparation strategies, one of which may not involve much prep at all.
- Interactive Poll Tracker: Trump pulls to highest standing yet in electoral college projections
- The 2016 race for the U.S. presidency is shaping up to be bitter and unpredictable. From now until election day on Nov. 8, CBC poll analyst Éric Grenier tracks the polls and each candidate’s chances in an interactive feature.
- World powers admit political solution to Syrian war might not be possible: Derek Stoffel
- As the bombs continue to fall on Aleppo, a new reality is descending on Syria: the long-held belief that the conflict there will only end with a political solution might not hold true.
- Analysis Rancid small-state nationalism surges in Europe: Don Murray
- Two referendums and an election in southern Europe are setting emotions swirling and stirring up political havoc.
- Video 5 unforgettable moments in U.S. presidential debate history
- From Lloyd Bentson's "You're no Jack Kennedy" to Gerald Ford's misreading of Cold War geopolitics, quips and missteps from U.S. election debates have been going viral long before the age of social media. In the lead-up to the first U.S. presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, we look at five memorable moments from debates past.