Glasgow...Rangers/Celtic matches - no hate songs here!
Confrontation between fans of Glasgow's Rangers and Celtic football clubs have been ugly for more than a century. It takes hundreds of cops to keep them apart, and enforce the new ban on anti-Catholic songs -- such as No Pope Of Rome and The Famine Song.
Maria Bakkalapulo, at the match in Rangers Stadium
Categories: Europe, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Live Hillary Clinton takes the stage for Democratic nomination speech video
- Hillary Clinton has taken the stage to accept the nomination for the Democratic Party, the first woman to be presidential nominee for a major party in the U.S.
- Joe Biden tells DNC Donald Trump talks 'a bunch of malarkey' video
- In what was likely the last prime-time speech of his political life, U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden delivered a case for Hillary Clinton at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday night with his regular-guy folksiness, misty-eyed storytelling and a few hard hits.
- Turkey creates 'Traitors' Cemetery' for dead coup plotters
- Tucked in the back corner of a construction site for a new dog shelter in eastern Istanbul lies a freshly dug, unmarked grave — the first in the new "Traitors' Cemetery" created specifically to hold the bodies of coup plotters who died in the failed military coup on July 15.
- Perseid meteor shower set to be extra-spectacular this year
- The summer's best shooting star show is expected be even better this year, thanks to an unusual "outburst" that only happens about once a decade and could double the number of meteors you'll spot.
- Green Party's Jill Stein targets Bernie Sanders voters in 'Jill not Hill' campaign
- Jill Stein, the Green Party's presumptive nominee for president of the U.S., was in Philadelphia this week while Democrats held their convention and she's blatantly targeting disgruntled members of the party and Bernie Sanders supporters. She promises to carry on the political revolution he called for and some see Stein as a good Plan B.