Europe: March 2011 Archives
Wednesday March 30, 2011
March 31 & April 3: from Grand Forks, North Dakota - Ukraine - Amman, Jordan - Bunya, Democratic Republic of Congo - Manila, Philippines
A U.S. Predator-B unmanned drone like the one now deployed by the Americans to look across the Canadian border. Photo/Reuters
Powered by fear: The U.S. flies its eyes-in-the-skies drones above the Canadian border.
Justice delayed in the Philippines, where someone's killing the witnesses while a mass murder case stalls.
Mother to another's brothers: A new Canadian film confronts the special perils facing black foster kids in Ukraine.
Risk Radio: The CBC's correspondent in the Democratic Republic of Congo on the risk of reporting war crimes on local radio.
And, crossing Jordan: Civil unrest sends another Arab King scrambling. His daddy was a survivor. Is King Abdullah his father's son? .
Listen to the program now (left click)
Download the podcast right click:save target as
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
Wednesday March 23, 2011
People ride bicycles pasrt debris of buildings wrecked by the March 11th earthquake and tsunami in Natori City, Miyagi Prefecture, northeastern Japan. REUTERS/Yegor Trubnikov
Scenes from a tsunami It's already changing Japan forever.
With the weakness of nuclear plants exposed, we'll hear again from our reporter in Chernobyl.
We have a correspondent in Libya with the new rebel recruits.
And another in post-revolution Tunisia, where everyone's complaining. But now someone's listening.
All that plus your letters, Rick's weird March break, and some deeply different Deep Purple.
(Right) A defector from Gadhafi's forces trains young rebel recruits for the mission to overthrow the tyrant. Phot/Bonnie Allen
Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Wed., 29 – Guca, Serbia: brass bands and nationalism
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- California warehouse fire kills at least 24, search for victims could last days video
- The death toll has risen to 24 in a fire that ripped through a late-night dance party in a converted warehouse in Oakland, Calif., and officials say they expect that number to climb as the search continues.
- CBC IN CUBA 'I never stayed to see if they were dead': Natalia Bolivar, 82, unsentimental about role in Cuban Revolution video
- At 82 and with an upper-class pedigree, Natalia Bolivar doesn't seem like the typical Cuban revolutionary. That is, until she matter-of-factly begins to recount how she stormed a Havana police station wielding a machine gun, smuggled arms to opposition groups and had all her ribs broken during a police interrogation.
- More snow expected in Hawaii as winter hits the Big Island
- More snow is expected to fall on Hawaii mountaintops as a storm warning goes into effect through Monday morning.
- High-stakes referendum: Is Italy next in line for populist shock?
- Italians were voting Sunday in a referendum on constitutional reforms that is being closely watched abroad to see if Italy becomes the next country to reject the political status quo.
- Up to 40 feared dead in California warehouse party fire video
- The city of Oakland, Calif., had been investigating whether people were illegally living in a warehouse that was the site of a deadly fire that broke out during a late-night party on Friday, killing at least nine people and as many as 40, officials said on Saturday.