Europe: February 2011 Archives
Wednesday February 16, 2011
February 17 & 20: from Lampedusa, Italy - Kingi, Democratic Republic of Congo - Uganda - Iran via Washington - Urumqi, China
They chased their president into exile, but thousands of Tunisians are fleeing their "revolution" seeking refuge on the tiny Italian island of Lampedusa. Photo/Reuters
The aftershocks of Tunisia's uprising. Why the revolution is driving some people out of the country.
In Uganda, the opposition fears the country's strongman will steal this week's election.
Iran is erupting, but it's all just good sketch material for a couple of expat comics living in Washington.
We're in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where former rebels are getting away with murder.
And, the sound of Uyghur music. A minority in China listens to its past, for clues to its future.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
Wednesday February 2, 2011
American preacher Sam Childers set up an orphanage in Southern Sudan, then went hunting for the most fearsome of rebel leaders. Photo/Lionsgate Productions
Egypt's temper. Word from the capital on the cusp of historic change.
Machine Gun Preacher of Sudan; why a reformed biker's waging war on one of Africa's the most feared rebel armies.
Cockeldoodeldoo! The misplaced love of a Mexican for his cockfighting roosters.
Somalia: a free-fire zone where the streetlights don't work; welcome to the world of Mogadishu's Mayor.
The empire steps back; the BBC reduces foreign-language broadcasting to several key countries.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Africa, Americas, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Wed., 29 – Guca, Serbia: brass bands and nationalism
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New Belgium arrests 2 brothers suspected of plotting attack
- Two brothers have been arrested in Belgium on suspicion of plotting an attack, the Federal Prosecutor's Office announced Saturday.
- Analysis Hillary Clinton sets out to redefine image as presidential campaign swings into full gear video
- During the four-day Democratic Party convention, Hillary Clinton, her husband Bill Clinton, U.S. President Barack Obama and many other speakers set out to redefine her and change her narrative as she tries to convince Americans that she is best suited for the presidency.
- Hillary Clinton campaign says DNC data program they used was hacked
- Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign said on Friday that an analytics data program maintained by the Democratic National Committee and used by the campaign was accessed as part of a hack, but outside experts have found no evidence that its internal systems have been compromised.
- PHOTOS Pope asks God to forgive 'so much cruelty' during Auschwitz visit
- Seated on a bench near the gate to the Auschwitz death camp site in Poland, Pope Francis prayed in silence on Friday in tribute to the 1.5 million people, most of them Jews, killed there by Nazi occupiers during the Second World War.
- Florida reports 1st locally transmitted cases of Zika
- The first cases of Zika likely transmitted by mosquitoes on the U.S. mainland have been reported in Florida, but officials don't expect widespread transmission in the continental U.S. to result.