Dispatches Photo Gallery - September 9, 2010 - Norwegian Glima
Freelance journalist Nacha Raman travelled to the town of Gudvangen, Norway to witness a festival of combat Glima, a traditional martial art. And she sees a match between Enok and Hordtur. As you can see, there are no weight classes in Glima:
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Updated Avalanche destroys Italian hotel, 3 bodies found and over 2 dozen missing
- More than two dozen people are believed to be buried under snow and debris, and three bodies have been found, after an avalanche plowed into a luxury mountain hotel in central Italy following a series of earthquakes. A couple of men who were outside the hotel were found alive.
- CBC IN CHINA In the Year of the Rooster, China's leadership sizes up Trump
- Leaders in China wonder whether they should take the incoming U.S. president's pronouncements seriously, writes Sasa Petricic.
- 'Sometimes they're poignant moments': inauguration day transfers between presidents video
- Before he takes the oath of office Friday, Donald Trump will sit down with President Barack Obama for a traditional tea-or-coffee meeting and share a carpool ride to the Capitol — quaint rituals for two men with such a long, public rivalry.
- Iran says 30 Tehran firefighters killed as burning highrise collapses
- A high-rise building in Tehran engulfed by a fire collapsed on Thursday, killing at least 30 firefighters and injuring roughly 75 people, state media reported.
- Live Steven Mnuchin, Trump's treasury nominee, faces Senate grilling video
- President-elect Donald Trump's choice for treasury secretary, Steven Mnuchin, will defend his banking record in the aftermath of the financial crisis and try to sell senators on why he should be given stewardship of the U.S. financial system.