Dispatches Photo Gallery - September 9, 2010 - Norwegian Glima
Freelance journalist Nacha Raman travelled to the town of Gudvangen, Norway to witness a festival of combat Glima, a traditional martial art. And she sees a match between Enok and Hordtur. As you can see, there are no weight classes in Glima:
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Uncontacted Amazon tribe meets modern world in Brazil
- An isolated Amazon tribe has made contact with Brazilian authorities after illegal logging in the rainforest where they live.
- Japan earthquake near Fukushima triggers small tsunami video
- A strong earthquake hit Japan's northern coast near the nuclear power plant crippled in the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. The earthquake early Saturday triggered a small tsunami and injured at least one person.
- Tennessee law puts new mom in jail for drug use while pregnant
- A Tennessee woman gave birth and was then promptly charged with assault and put in jail on Tuesday when her baby tested positive for meth. The state's controversial law is the first of its kind in the U.S. Civil liberties, medical and women's rights groups tried but failed to block the law.
- Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu: Gaza offensive won't stop due to world pressure video
- Israel's prime minister vowed Friday to press forward with a broad military offensive in the Gaza Strip, saying international pressure will not stop what he said was a determined effort to halt rocket fire by Palestinian militants as the death toll from the four-day-old conflict rose above 100.
- Legal pot: Seattle's 1st legal marijuana shop just ran out of weed video
- Seattle's first and only recreational marijuana store had to close on Friday after running out of stock in just three days since Washington became the second U.S. state to allow pot sales to adults.