Dispatches Photo Gallery - September 9, 2010 - Norwegian Glima
Freelance journalist Nacha Raman travelled to the town of Gudvangen, Norway to witness a festival of combat Glima, a traditional martial art. And she sees a match between Enok and Hordtur. As you can see, there are no weight classes in Glima:
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- California warehouse fire kills at least 24, search for victims could last days video
- The death toll has risen to 24 in a fire that ripped through a late-night dance party in a converted warehouse in Oakland, Calif., and officials say they expect that number to climb as the search continues.
- CBC IN CUBA 'I never stayed to see if they were dead': Natalia Bolivar, 82, unsentimental about role in Cuban Revolution video
- At 82 and with an upper-class pedigree, Natalia Bolivar doesn't seem like the typical Cuban revolutionary. That is, until she matter-of-factly begins to recount how she stormed a Havana police station wielding a machine gun, smuggled arms to opposition groups and had all her ribs broken during a police interrogation.
- More snow expected in Hawaii as winter hits the Big Island
- More snow is expected to fall on Hawaii mountaintops as a storm warning goes into effect through Monday morning.
- High-stakes referendum: Is Italy next in line for populist shock?
- Italians were voting Sunday in a referendum on constitutional reforms that is being closely watched abroad to see if Italy becomes the next country to reject the political status quo.
- Up to 40 feared dead in California warehouse party fire video
- The city of Oakland, Calif., had been investigating whether people were illegally living in a warehouse that was the site of a deadly fire that broke out during a late-night party on Friday, killing at least nine people and as many as 40, officials said on Saturday.