Europe: April 2010 Archives
Thursday April 29, 2010
Is Britain letting in every Tom, Dick and Harry? Immigration grates on the British voting public this election season.
France takes the cake. An insight into why the French view pastry as culture, and how its chefs become Kings.
A Palestinian preparing for peace. We profile the prime minister and his lonely promise of a Third Way.
So why is the new American hardline on Israel a challenge to Canada too? And, a correspondent yearns for a new Haiti, and hopes the earthquake has buried the old one.Read more »
Categories: 2010 Season, Americas, Europe, Past Episodes
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- Thu., 30 – June 30 & July 3: from Israel - Colombia - Berlin - Democratic Republic of Congo - Agra, India
- Wed., 29 – Guca, Serbia: brass bands and nationalism
- Thu., 23 – June 23 & 26: from Port-au-Prince, Haiti - El Paso, Texas - the Balkans - Dublin, Ireland - Oakland, California
- Thu., 16 – June 16 & 19: from Gudvangen, Norway - India - Dakar, Senegal - the Balkans - Guca, Serbia
- Thu., 2 – June 2 & 5: from Lima, Peru - Den Bosch, The Netherlands - Syria - Rondonia, Brazil - Lombardy, Italy
- May 2011
- Thu., 26 – May 26 & 29: from Hainan Island, China - San Diego - Malaysian Borneo - French Mayotte Island - Dublin
- Wed., 18 – May 19 & 22: from Kampala, Uganda - Israel - Montebaducco, Italy - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Nanjing, China - Robben Island, South Africa
- Wed., 11 – May 12 - 15: from Liberia - Berlin - Nigeria - Sarajevo, Bosnia - Cheonan, South Korea - Beijing
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- Thu., 28 – London...the tale of MI-5 from here
- Thu., 28 – October 28 & 31, 2010: from Rio de Janeiro - Dublin - Voss, Norway - Huntsville, Alabama - London
- Thu., 21 – October 21 & 24, 2010: from Palermo, Sicily - Los Angeles - New York - Kandahar - Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Thu., 14 – October 14 & 17, 2010: from Miami - Cuba - Arizona - Tripoli, Lebanon - Berlin - La Paz, Bolivia
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Canada expects 'strong' G7 statement against paying hostage ransoms video audio
- The G7 is poised to take a strong stand against the practice of governments paying ransoms for hostages kidnapped by groups with links to terrorism, one of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's top priorities at this summit of world leaders.
- Updated WTI price back above $50 US for 1st time since October
- The price of a barrel of the North American oil benchmark briefly touchess $50 US for the first time since October.
- Attacks on hospitals killed nearly 960 in 2 years, WHO finds
- Nearly 960 people have been killed worldwide in attacks on medical facilities in conflicts over the past two years, the World Health Organization said in a report that highlights an alarming disrespect for the protection of health care in war by both governments and armed groups.
- New Climate change threatens World Heritage sites, report says
- Dozens of iconic tourist destinations like Venice, Stonehenge and Old Town Lunenberg, N.S., are threatened by risks linked to climate change, from rising sea levels to extreme weather, says the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- The Weeknd, Belly bail from Jimmy Kimmel Live over Donald Trump appearance
- R&B singer The Weeknd and rapper Belly cancelled their performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Wednesday night because Donald Trump was also to appear on the episode.