Asia: June 2012 Archives
Wednesday June 20, 2012
From our correspondents around the world...
The crew at Dispatches preparing the final show: (from left: Alan Guettel, Rick MacInnes-Rae, Nima Shams, Steve McNally, Alison Masemann, and Dawna Dingwall).
It's our last program but we're going out with boats, baboons, and a bang.
We'll touch on some of the stories we've brought you over the years, some of the places we've been, and some of the strange and sublime people we put into your radio.
Along the way, we'll hear some of the moments that stopped us in our tracks. And hear some untold stories from our our correspondents.
We saved the best for last.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)Read more »
Categories: Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- Tue., 26 – July 28 & 31: from Kwa Dabekaa, South Africa - Vancouver - Haiti - Zimbabwe - Kolkata, India - New York
- Thu., 21 – July 21 & 24: from Yunnan province, China - Haiti - South Africa - Uljanovsk, Russia - Palermo, Italy
- Thu., 7 – July 7 & 10: from Cape Town, South Africa - Kabul, Afghanistan - Democratic Republic of Congo - Mogadishu, Somalia - Germany
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
- Thu., 17 – Beijing...ice swimming and loving it
- Thu., 17 – Kabul... Ormiston on Afghanistanization
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Thu., 10 – China rolls back reforms
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- Thu., 25 – November 25 & 28: from Afghanistan - Bosnia - Ghana - Zimbabwe - Seoul, South Korea - Manila, the Philippines
- Thu., 18 – November 18 & 21: from Kampala, Uganda - the Thai-Burmese border - Hilversum, Netherlands - Beirut, Lebanon - Dakar, Senegal - Chennai, India - Nanoori, Ghana
- Thu., 4 – November 4 & 7, 2010: from Berlin - Zambia - Mae Sot, Thailand - Hainan province, China - Guca, Serbia
- October 2010
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Gaza conflict: John Kerry, Ban Ki-Moon try to broker new truce video
- The UN chief and the U.S. secretary of state make a new attempt to nail down a temporary truce between Israel and Hamas, as Israel's 18-day military operation in the Gaza Strip fuels new unrest in the West Bank, where five Palestinians were killed during protests.
- New Ebola outbreak: Suspected victim dies in quaratine in Nigeria
- A Liberian man suspected to have Ebola virus has died in quarantine in Lagos, Nigeria, a Nigerian official in Geneva said on Friday.
- Air Algerie Flight AH5017 crash: No survivors, French president says video
- All 116 people on board were killed when an Air Algerie plane crashed in northern Mali yesterday, according to French President Francois Hollande. Four of the five Canadians on board were from the same Quebec family.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Dutch repatriation ceremony honours more victims video
- The remains of 74 more people who died when Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 was shot down last week returned to the Netherlands on Friday as the Australian and Dutch governments pushed to secure the site where the jet was downed in eastern Ukraine.
- Gaza suburbs in rubble as Israeli bombardment continues video
- Israel says it is doing all it can to avoid civilian casualties in its bombardment of Gaza, but the number of dead and injured there continues to grow, and the view on the ground is pretty bleak, Derek Stoffel reports.