Turkish minorities tread carefully in opening doors to multi-culturalism
People in Instanbul enjoy the newly-revived Baklahorani Carnival. What was once a pagan Christian rite, has morphed into one of the few celebrations of Turkey's multi-cultural past and present. Dominant Turkish nationalism has made its organizers tread with caution. (Photo/Meghan MacIver)
Dancing to the tune of reconciliation
But now it seems, times are changing, ever so slightly.
Canadian journalist Meghan MacIver has found some Greeks and Turks dancing to the same tune at an unusual, and very historic party in Istanbul.
Categories: Asia, Europe, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Analysis What the first 100 days of power reveal about Donald Trump video
- Now that Donald Trump has had a few months with the power to do what he always wanted to do, here's what we've seen him do.
- Samantha Bee gets star support for her Not The Correspondents' Dinner event
- Late-night TV star Samantha Bee was pulling in celebrities for the first Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday — a tongue-in-cheek play on the real bash, where journalists, the president and, in recent years, lots of bold-face names have mingled.
- Updated Thousands join worldwide climate marches on Trump's 100th day in office
- Thousands of people across Canada and the United States are marking U.S. President Donald Trump's 100th day in office by marching in protest of his environmental policies.
- Wikipedia blocked in Turkey
- Access to Wikipedia has been blocked in Turkey because of content presenting the country as supporting terror.
- North Korea's missile test fire fails hours after UN meeting on nukes
- A North Korean mid-range ballistic missile apparently failed shortly after launch, South Korea and the U.S. said, the third test-fire flop just this month but a clear message of defiance as a U.S. supercarrier conducts drills in nearby waters.