Help for kids of India sex workers
Kalaivani was forced into sex work after her husband died and she had a family to support. Now she counsels women in Chennai's sex trade, and is proud that her two children have become educated professionals. (Photo: Priya Sankaran)
(There are no photos of the children or their teacher, to protect them all)
Baby was a sex worker for years. She describes all of the bribes they have to pay each night they work.(Photo: Priya Sankaran)
Categories: Asia, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New 'Confrontational, angry' inaugural address leaves no doubt about which side Trump's on video
- It was classic Donald Trump — a hard-hitting campaign-style inauguration speech by the new president of the United States that used "America first" populist rhetoric, attacked Washington insiders and decried the state of the country.
- U.S. President Donald Trump takes charge, vows to end 'American carnage' video
- Pledging emphatically to empower America's "forgotten men and women," Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States Friday, taking command of a riven nation facing an unpredictable era under his assertive but untested leadership.
- Anti-Trump protesters clash with riot police in Washington video
- Protesters and an Associated Press photographer say police fired rubber projectiles at them during demonstrations against U.S. President Donald Trump in downtown Washington.
- Gambia's defeated leader has agreed to step down
- Gambia's defeated leader Yahya Jammeh announced early Saturday he has decided to relinquish power, after hours of last-ditch talks with regional leaders and the threat by a regional military force to make him leave.
- Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' faces life sentence in U.S. prison
- Mexican drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman will spend the rest of his life in a U.S. prison if convicted on charges he ran the world's largest drug-trafficking organization during a decades-long criminal career, U.S. prosecutors said on Friday.