Help for kids of India sex workers
Kalaivani was forced into sex work after her husband died and she had a family to support. Now she counsels women in Chennai's sex trade, and is proud that her two children have become educated professionals. (Photo: Priya Sankaran)
(There are no photos of the children or their teacher, to protect them all)
Baby was a sex worker for years. She describes all of the bribes they have to pay each night they work.(Photo: Priya Sankaran)
Categories: Asia, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- New At least 26 killed in Aleppo as United Nations meets over Syria
- At least 26 civilians were killed in fresh government airstrikes on the contested city of Aleppo, Syrian activists said Sunday, as the United Nations Security Council convened an emergency meeting on the spiralling violence in Syria.
- Officers surround Charlotte, N.C., protesters reacting to fatal police shooting
- A group of around 100 demonstrators have gathered across the street from Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C., to protest the shooting death last week of a black man by a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer.
- Updated Shooting in Sweden leaves 4 wounded
- Swedish police say four people have been wounded in a shooting in Malmo, the country's third-largest city. Newspaper Expressen says gunmen on motor scooters opened fire Sunday evening on a car they had been chasing through a neighbourhood in southern Malmo.
- Police said to be target of Budapest blast that injured 2 officers
- Hungary's police were the target of a homemade shrapnel bomb that rocked central Budapest late on Saturday, injuring two officers, the national police chief said Sunday.
- Russian actions in Aleppo 'barbarism,' not counter-terrorism, says U.S. ambassador at UN
- Russia's actions in Syria amount to "barbarism," not counter-terrorism as Moscow insists, Samantha Powers, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said on Sunday.