China's painful healing, with bee-stings
Worker bees: Bees are traditional health workers in China, stinging to help cure what ails you. (Photo: Danielle Nerman)
And while the bee therapy did cure the sinus problem, after the treatment Danielle developed a huge swelling in her neck on the side where she got the full sting. It took a week to go away.
If you've got a story of unorthodox medicine, maybe pictures of it from your time in some faraway place, email email@example.com
Categories: Asia, News Promo, Promo Box, The View from Here
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- U.S. House of Representatives votes to end 40-year-old oil export ban
- Defying a White House veto threat, the Republican-controlled House on Friday approved a bill to lift a 40-year-old U.S. ban on crude oil exports.
- Guatemala mudslide death toll rises to 253
- The death toll from the mammoth landslide that buried a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Guatemala's capital has risen to 253 as the search for victims enters its second week. Nearly 400 people were still missing Friday.
- Video Mideast unrest spreads to Gaza as stabbings continue video
- Israeli forces clashed with Palestinian demonstrators along the Gaza border on Friday, killing five of them, as a rash of stabbing attacks in Israel and the Palestinian territories raised fears of wider unrest.
- Nobel Peace Prize for Tunisian democracy group comes amid violence, economic struggles
- The Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet, a group credited with helping the country develop a peaceful political process when it was on the brink of civil war, is this year's winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Spencer Stone, French train attack hero, awake and recovering from California stabbing video
- The U.S. air force member hailed as a hero for helping thwart a European train attack is upgraded from serious to fair condition as he recovers from stab wounds suffered in an unrelated attack near a California bar.