Asia: January 2012 Archives
Thursday January 12, 2012
From our correspondents around the world!
In Gaza, Palestinians have no problem keeping past heroes alive. Not so for their bretheren in East Jerusalem, where Israel is in control and is trying to re-write Palestinian text books. Photo/GettyImages
Israel rewrites the history books. No Arafat. No Intifada. Palestinians say, no more.
How jazz found a foothold in India. A story of rhythm and racism.
We revisit Congo, where former rebels are getting away with murder.
Did an Irishman save Hitler's life? Disturbing documents surface in Dublin.
And a view from Beijing, where a foot in cold water is the poor man's recreation.
Download the podcast (right click: save target as)
Categories: Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Past Episodes
- June 2012
- Wed., 20 – June 21 & 24: the last Dispatches
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- Tue., 26 – July 28 & 31: from Kwa Dabekaa, South Africa - Vancouver - Haiti - Zimbabwe - Kolkata, India - New York
- Thu., 21 – July 21 & 24: from Yunnan province, China - Haiti - South Africa - Uljanovsk, Russia - Palermo, Italy
- Thu., 7 – July 7 & 10: from Cape Town, South Africa - Kabul, Afghanistan - Democratic Republic of Congo - Mogadishu, Somalia - Germany
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- Wed., 23 – March 24 - 27, 2011 from: Noda and Sendai, Japan - Chernobyl - Tunis - Benghazi, Libya - Berlin
- Tue., 22 – Noda, Japan...pictures, pieces of lives
- Thu., 17 – Beijing...ice swimming and loving it
- Thu., 17 – Kabul... Ormiston on Afghanistanization
- Thu., 17 – March 17/20, 2011 Dispatches: from Kabul - Riyadh - Beijing - Douglas, South Africa -Cozumel - India via New York
- Thu., 10 – China rolls back reforms
- Thu., 10 – March 10/13, 2011 Dispatches: from Beijing - Mendoza, Argentina - Tripoli - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Punta Allen, Mexico
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- Thu., 25 – November 25 & 28: from Afghanistan - Bosnia - Ghana - Zimbabwe - Seoul, South Korea - Manila, the Philippines
- Thu., 18 – November 18 & 21: from Kampala, Uganda - the Thai-Burmese border - Hilversum, Netherlands - Beirut, Lebanon - Dakar, Senegal - Chennai, India - Nanoori, Ghana
- Thu., 4 – November 4 & 7, 2010: from Berlin - Zambia - Mae Sot, Thailand - Hainan province, China - Guca, Serbia
- October 2010
- September 2010
- Thu., 30 – September 30 & October 3, 2010: from Paris - New York - Afghanistan - Chiapas - Culver City, CA
- Thu., 16 – September 16 & 19 - from Bangkok, Thailand - Las Vegas, Nevada - Kampala, Uganda - Kaunas, Lithuania - Conakry, Guinea - Port au Prince, Haiti
- Thu., 9 – September 9 & 12 - from Gudvangen, Norway - Oakland, CA - Chelsetoon, Afghanistan - Mexico City - Oklahoma
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
|Radio One||Thursday 1 pm, 1:30 pm NT Sunday 7 pm, 8 pm AT and 8:30 pm NT|
|Sirius 137||Friday at Midnight & 9 am, Sunday at 10 pm|
- Updated Italian PM to resign after conceding defeat in constitutional reforms referendum
- Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi says he is resigning after a stinging defeat on a constitutional reforms referendum that he staked his political career on.
- Standing Rock protesters celebrate 'big victory' as pipeline construction halted video
- Construction of the controversial Dakota Access Pipeline has been halted, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has told Standing Rock protesters.
- New Zealand PM John Key resigns after 8 years as leader
- New Zealand's popular Prime Minister John Key stunned the nation on Monday when he announced he was resigning after eight years as leader.
- Rebels in Aleppo must leave city or face 'inevitable death,' warns Syrian army
- The Syrian army on Sunday ordered rebels in Aleppo to leave the city or face "inevitable death," as a series of airstrikes on the neighbouring Idlib province killed at least 50 people, including several children.
- California warehouse fire kills at least 33, search for victims could last days video
- The death toll has risen to 33 in a fire that ripped through a late-night dance party in a converted warehouse in Oakland, Calif., and officials say they expect that number to climb as the search continues.